sixteen

Eli didn't know how to feel. The others had heard him singing and playing his uke, and they all loved it, and honestly, he was happy they enjoyed it. It had been about four days since the whole incident of that day, and he still didn't know where his necklace and journal were. It made him feel so, so sick to the point he couldn't get out of bed one morning.

-:-:-

"Hey, Sunshine, you should get up.." Aesop's quiet yet cheerful voice floated into Eli's system, knocking him from the small shelter of sleep he had only managed to escape to for a few hours that night.

"Ugh... go away with your enthusiasm," he grumbled, pulling his comforter over his eyes in case the other decided to turn the lights on. Aesop thought about doing that but decided against it when he saw Eli's limp body. 

He shuffled towards the boy that was probably still in horrible pain from his broken arm and all the other wounds. Deciding that it was maybe just the time to comfort him, the silver-haired male sat on the edge of Eli's bed and began to run his hands under the blanket and Eli's shirt, rubbing up and down his bare back. 

He felt how tense the smaller boy was, beginning to slowly work out all the kinks that lied in his back and shoulders. 

Eli immediately felt his body relax at the strange touch, his body moving more towards Aesop's without even having to think about it. He let out a small groan of more pleasure than pain, as all the worries he tried to hold onto slipped from his mind. 

"Jesus, Eli. You really need to relax more..." the other mumbled, still working up and down the back of the boy he loved oh so dearly. Eli just gave a small grunt in response, not wanting to actively speak. 

"Are you still in pain?"

"Yeah..."

Aesop nodded in response, but it wasn't like Eli was going to see it from where he was laying on his stomach.

After a little while, both of them ended up sitting on the end of the bed. Aesop let Eli lean into him, his arm around the curled up boy's shoulders. "Do you feel any better?"

"Mhmm..." Eli mumbled back, his eyes closed and his body overall relaxed. All the problems that seemed so important before seemed to evaporate in the presence of Aesop; he really couldn't tell you why.

his face grew red and his heart began to go rapid, as if a hunter was right behind him and ready to swing. There was no clear reason at why Aesop made him feel this way. It realy did drive him mad.

"What should we do? Go to a match?" Eli pondered aloud, sitting up straight and stretching a little away from Aesop. The other male quickly pulled his arm away.

"You're hurt-"

"Oh, fuck off. I'm fine."

"You really aren't though."

Eli sighed loudly, standing up and walking around. He needed to do something before he went totally crazy, so he began to sort through the things on his desk, organizing it. 

Aesop watched the shorter boy from the bed, analyzing all his movements carefully. He seemed to be doing everything without actual purpose, and that was quite obvious. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. You shouldn't worry about it."

Aesop groaned lightly in annoyance. He wasn't going to get anywhere with Eli, huh?

his brain spiraled about loving the boy in front of him. how was he going to tell him? Eli would never like him back. it was obvious. The boy hated him, so there was no chances left. 

"Fuck it..." he mumbled under his breath, standing up in a quick and almost violent motion. Eli watched through the mirror on his desk, eyes going wide at the angry look on Aesop's normally calm face. he was afraid the other man was about to throw him out the window or something. 

Eli shrieked when Aesop harshly spun him around and grabbed his face. He felt tears pricking at his eyes, as Aesop looked down at him with that horrific look. 

Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck. He's about to beat the shit out of me. Why does it have to be... him?

Eli tensed, as he waited for a slap to fly across his face, but it never came. Instead, Aesop's hand carefully slid to the side of his face, brought his chin up and led Eli's lips right to his own. The kiss was short and sweet, and Eli wanted more; it made his chest heat up in a way that was almost addicting. 

Despite everything that just happened, Aesop ripped away and quickly left the room, not saying a word to the other boy. Eli felt helpless.

He wanted to run after him, but all that came out was some pathetic sound as tears began to stream his face. Aesop just... what? he didn't really even know what actually just happened, as he slumped over and cried. Footsteps ran to his door, but he didn't care enough to lock it. Naib and Tracy, burst through the door, worried looks on their faces.

"Oh my god, are you okay?!" Naib said, trying to stay as quiet as possible. Eli just let out another pathetic sound, sort of like a dying deer gasping out its last breath, before wiping his eyes and attempting to stop the tears. 

"Why did Aesop just come storming down the stairs?! he went into Joseph's room." Tracy said in a panic. Eli felt his face contort into a platter of pure pain as she said that. 

He might've managed to stop the tears before, but not anymore; they were going full throttle. Of fucking course, he went to Joseph! Eli just let himself cry in front of the others. God...

his emotions were pretty much fucked at this point.

-:-:-

"So... is that really what happened?" 

"Yeah, pretty much."

The younger male felt himself cough deeply, but his sense were so messed up he barely heard it. The other in the dark room, who was sitting in the floor beside him, handed him a flask full of some bitter liquid. he downed it anyways.

"You need to calm down. Chill with that, please?" he asked, ripping the flask from the other's hands.

It didn't stop there though, the younger of the two wanted more. He picked up another tablet from the table, waiting for a reaction from the other. After seeing the nod, he took it, though it wasn't like he could remember how many were now in his system. 

"Kid, you're about to go on the best acid trip ever."

Everything already felt blurry, though it had only been twenty minutes since he took the first. Was it three? Maybe four? Six?

He couldn't tell, as everything began to fade. His vision splattered with colors he couldn't recognize, strange voices taking his hearing as well. 

"It's time for the best time of your life, Aesop."

-:-:-

GUYYYSSSSS IM EMOTIONALLY DRAINEDDD. Jeez, life sucks rn. i'm in another hole and im insecure about everything, so here you guys have a shitty and short chapter. I hope you enjoyed it, even though it sucks. You can always tell me what you thought in the comments. Anyways, as always, thank you all for reading. Bye, my lovelies. 

-Mags++