fifty-six

No one would make it on time...

I didn't actually want this...

Foam...

White foam-

"Please, Mike. Please fucking wake up. Please..."

The sound of a creaky, broken voice from beside me forced my ears to listen to the sounds surrounding me. My eyes and body lied still and without any movement. It felt almost as if my body was dead, though the high pounding in my head was enough to signal that my body still had some sort of consciousness left.

"Mike... I never should've left you. I really never should've left. I managed to get the... the photo from that bitch..."

Within the last line, I could hear the broken smile on the person, though everything else was still far too blurry for me to tell who the actual fuck it was. My mind was spinning a thousand miles a minute. I really couldn't hold anything up anymore.

Their hand, which was almost cold to the touch, grabbed mine gently. My hand was limp, almost numb, but I still felt the holding. I felt their thumb gently running across my hand, as they held it tightly. I couldn't help but feel the corner of my mouth twitch. It was the closest thing to a smile that I could handle. 

-:-:- third person -:-:-

The taller male ran his slender hand through the girl's hair. His nails were longer than most of the other people in the manor, so he used them gently to de-tangle the little knots and scratch her scalp. She melted into his chest, where she was laying, her fingers messing with the fabric on his shirt. 

The hunter was fighting with himself, as he really didn't want to let his other counterpart come around. Of course, outside of matches, they could split themselves, but he really wanted them to stay together in this time of crisis in the manor. Despite the obvious internal begging, the black guard ripped himself from where they were sharing the body. 

Because of this, Emily was throw out a few feet. She gasped harshly as her body slammed against the ground. The one who was mainly holding her shot up, staring at his other half. 

"Fan Wujiu! What is wrong with you?! Why would you do that?!"

The male in black, looked from the girl who was still laying on the ground, to Xie who was sitting on the floor where they had both just been. He wanted to sweep down and grab the girl, take her away, but he knew that she didn't belong to him. 

The white guard shot up, running over to the girl. He gently pulled her from the ground, holding her up as she caught her balance. He glared at his counterpart, watching the male's harsh glare turn more soft. The other male couldn't take it, as he stepped forward. The girl slipped from Xie's hands. 

She tensed harshly, expecting to fall hard on the floor again, but she didn't. Her body melted into a warm body before her, so she just hugged them tightly. He smelled like Xie Bi'an, but more... like the woods. 

Her voice was soft and fragile, as she held onto his body tightly.

"Thank you, Fan."

The black guard felt his face go flush, as he glanced at the other male who was basically his brother. Xie was giving him that look of, "I see you blushing, bitch. Mhm. I see that shit."

It made Fan wanna smack him. 

The girl let herself stay on his body, as the other male who had just been holding her watched. His mind raced at how he should be jealous or anything else of the sorts, but... he wasn't. It almost felt right. Well, it was right, as they really are permanently connected. Xie Bi'an let is mind roll to lands where Wu Chang as a collective whole and the girl were dating, no jealousy or anything else of the sorts to be found. It made him smile. 

Right as he was about to grab Emily's hand, Fan picked the girl up bridal style. She looked like she was about to fall asleep in his arms, which was absolutely adorable to both the others. Xie walked over and gently wiped her hair from her face, as the tired girl fell into a deep slumber in the other's arms. 

"She's so..." Xie started, "Perfect?" fan finished for him. The white guard nodded gently, as the two walked back together to their room, where they would let her fall into sleep. 

Dinner would be ready soon, meaning they need to go downstairs, and well... probably check on Eli. He hadn't woke up in so long, and with Emily out like the pasta in their pantry, he wasn't being checked on. They hadn't heard a word from her really, so he really could be dead. 

Xie and Fan began to walk out together, after putting Emily down to rest. Xie let his mind race like usual, while Fan thought fond thoughts of the girl he found they were both falling hard for. 

"We can both see it, dude. We're collectively in love with her."

Xie smiled gently at Fan's words. 

"Well... guess it's good we can merge into one body."

-:-:-

Hey...

Sorry for the short chapter, but i just wanted to thank everyone for the support and say that I love all of you and I hope not to go anywhere for a long while. I'm gonna try to stay for as long as I can. I really hope to make this story longer and better, the best way I can, really. 

I'm sure a lot of you have noticed, but this book is splitting off into multiple different ships. i figured it would widen the plot and such, but please do tell me what you think of that. If people don't like it, I'll start to focus on the main ship again, so please tell me what you think T-T.

Alright. Thank you all so much for reading, my lovelies. 

-Mags++