thirty-six

"You idiot! Put me down!"

Emily was far too determined, and she could hold Tracy over her shoulder like this forever. She wasn't about to let go. 

"No. You saw what happened."

"Emily! You're not like this with anyone else! I got terror shocked and it was just Jack, so it's not like he hurt me!"

"I don't care! You fell and twisted your ankle!"

Tracy groaned loudly, it turning more into a scream as they walked up the stairs. She was totally fine, but Emily just... she was only like this with their group, which of course, isn't that bad of a thing. 

As they entered Emily's room, the girl screamed at what she saw. Naib was laying on her bed, eating a bag of chips and Eli was sitting in the floor, blindfold on (which he never did around them, only with all the others), with his owl swirling around him. He looked to be focusing on something, maybe a vision, but he could just be listening to music from someone else's room. He uh... liked to do that a lot. 

In that little shocked state, Tracy managed to slide off her shoulder and get to her feet. 

She giggled, as Emily yelled out at her to not be on her ankle.

Naib stood up, walking over to Tracy and slinging his arm around her shoulders, them both laughing at Emily. Eli was still on the floor, but the girl still standing right in front of the closed door saw a small smile develop on his face, like he was distantly listening. 

"Jeez, Em, you're a little restless this morning, huh?"

"Naib, it is NOT morning!"

The boy just laughed lightly, before picking Tracy up and throwing himself and the girl onto Emily's bed, both of them a laughing mess.

Emily groaned loudly, rubbing her temple. 

She wasn't sure what to do, so she sat in the floor in front of Eli, matching his position and grabbing his hands lightly from where they were sitting in his lap. 

A small smile came up on his face, as his body relaxed. Brooke Rose flew down quickly, resting on his shoulder from where she had been circling him. When she hit, he gripped Emily's hands tightly with one of his own, using the other to lift his blindfold up and off his face. 

"Hi, Emily," he greeted gently, squeezing her hands again. She just sighed, falling down to her side in front of him.

Eli chuckled lightly, looking at the obviously tired girl. 

"You should drink some tea, it'll make you feel better~" he cooed in a mocking way, like she would say to them when they were feeling all gross. She just groaned, watching as Eli stood up and sat down in her desk chair. 

"Where's the embalmer?" Naib asked suddenly, breaking the comfortable silence. 

Eli groaned loudly from his chair, slumping down in it. That made Tracy laugh gently. 

"Probably spectating. Joseph is in a match right now, I think, and he's probably keeping an eye on him."

Emily sat up at that, looking at him with suspicion plastered all over her face. 

"Why did no one go with him? Why are you all in my room?"

Naib was the one to answer, leaning back against her wall when he did.

"Why would we go with him? It's not a big deal, and your room smells good?"

Eli laughed gently, sitting back up in the chair. 

"He's not wrong."

Emily just huffed again, rolling her eyes and laying down on her back on the floor. 

Eli stood. After what she had asked, he sort of felt guilty to leave Aesop to do that by himself like that. He walked to the door, looking back at all the tired people. 

"Going to see him?"

"Yeah. I'll be back."

-:-:-

The air in the halls were cold, but that didn't stop Eli from going through them quickly. As he approached the room, his stomach dropped from the sounds on the inside. 

There was a loud smack and then what sounded like a heavy object slamming against the ground. Maybe one of the metal tables? 

Eli kept his hand on the doorknob, far too scared to go in.

What the fuck was happening in there? Usually... only survivors went in there, but what if a hunter had-

No. There's no way.

Another loud slam made Eli flinch back. He couldn't bring himself to open the door. Wasn't Aesop in there? 

God... his stomach felt so sick. All he could do was listen, as someone let out a pain filled scream. It made him ache. 

Who the fuck would have-

"Shut the fuck up! Why did you do that to me?!"

Eli froze. That voice was so deep. There was no way it had come from Aesop or anyone else he could really think of. 

Eli's hand went over his mouth, as tears came up in his eyes. What the fuck was happening in there-

"Please let go! This is a survivor area! Please stop it!"

"Shut the fuck up! You know what you fucking did!"

Wu.. Wu Chang-?

He was begging the other person to stop, and was probably the one that screamed out. no. No one hurts that hunter. 

Eli threw the door open, right as the hand flew across Wu Chang's face, making him fall back onto the floor. The spectating room was so trashed, as both of the shocked hunters looked at Eli in shock.

It was the Gamekeeper...

"Seer..." he seethed, looking at Eli with evil eyes. Without thinking, the boy ran, booking it down the manor stairs. There were people all downstairs, that he ran right into. 

Eli screamed out as his head slammed against the ground roughly. Everything felt so dizzy and distant, people in the room yelling and someone running down the stairs loudly. 

No. FUCK-

"Ow, Eli! What are you-"

Mike's voice was cut off by the sound of hunter. Their voice was broken and loud. Everyone, except Eli, looked up at the bleeding hunter, who was swaying on his feet. 

"That's it! I'm tired of this shit! This fucking manor is going right to hell! Everyone is always fucking fighting and I'm done with it! Now all of you, shut the fuck up and get along! I'm tired of this shit!"

And with that, Wu Chang, the friendliest hunter walked out the front door of the manor, running out into the rain and away from the manor. Eli felt tears coming to his eyes. 

What the fuck had he just witnessed?

-:-:-

i don't have much to say, as I am in a lot of physical and mental pain right now. 

Thank you all so much for reading. I really appreciate it. Feel free to tell me what you thought. Thank you, my lovelies.

-Mags++