Chapter 35: Lights That Shine In A Dark Place

Song Quote: Warriors
"As a child you would wait And watch from far away But you always knew that you'd be the one That work while they all play In youth you'd lay Awake at night and scheme Of all the things that you would change But it was just a dream. Here we are, don't turn away now, We are the warriors that built this town Here we are, don't turn away now We are the warriors that built this town From dust Will come When you'll have to rise Above the best and prove yourself Your spirit never dies!"
~~~

Your Pov:
"The scrolls say there is a hidden temple on the island. If you find it, it will give the ninja pure elemental powers, powers that can destroy the Indestructible army" Misako informed the group as she unrolled a scroll.
On the parchment showed a diagram featuring the five ninja. The four primary colored ones formed a diamond with a golden symbol in the middle.

"So you're saying we get to fight? Ooh! I'm getting happy feet" Cole rejoiced as a large grin formed on his face.

"And you my son" Misako turned to Lloyd as she continued "Here it is written: 'For once the green ninja finds the instrument of peace, he will strike it and know the power of the Ultimate Spinjitzu Master."

"Ultimate Spinjitzu Master?" Lloyd repeated curiously.

"It means you will be able to invoke the power of the golden dragon, an ancient fighting style only practiced by the first spinjitzu master" Misako explained making the four ninja gasp. 

Lloyd laughed at their expressions "Jealous?"

"Wait a minute" Kai interjected skeptically. "This all sounds too good to be true. What's the catch?"

"The catch is the temple could be anywhere on the island, and all we have is this" Sensei Wu presented a golden medallion. The piece of gold had three holes with some carvings.

"It's like a compass" Dr Julien stated examining the piece. "When the three holes match up the medallion will reveal where the temple is hidden."

"How'd you know that?" Jay asked the old man.

Dr Julien smiled fondly "Oh I did a lot of reading in my spare time. Adventure stories were my favorites."

"That's a good genre" You nodded in agreement with the old man. 

"What are we waiting for?" Zane said aloud taking the medallion heading to the door.

Lloyd got up to follow after the ninja. "Not you Lloyd" Wu stopped the green ninja in his spot.

"Argh, seriously? Are we still doing this?" The green ninja groaned.

"Wu is right" Misako agreed explaining "If you were to come across your father, it could prematurely start the final battle. We need to be at full strength before we take any risks."

The four primary colored ninja chuckled at his dismay. "Hahaha, Jealous?" Jay taunted as they stood by the doorway ready to leave.

Lloyd scoffed, glaring at the four with his hands on his hips.

"I could use some help around the shop, we should get working on vehicles that might help give us a fighting chance" Dr. Julien smiled at the green ninja kindly.

"Remember, Garmadon doesn't know we're on the island. It is imperative that you stay out of sight" Sensei Wu reminded the four ninja, putting emphasis on his order.

"Of course Sensei, don't worry. Have you ever known us to veer from a plan huh?" Jay retorted confidently.

You, Lloyd, Sensei Wu and Misako all stared at the ninja raising an eyebrow. The silence was enough of an answer.