03.

"Lee Dongmin"

I stared at her blankly, blinking my eyes a few times, waiting for some light to illuminate my brain because that name was just a... name?

She opened her mouth and give me a disbelief type of look "You know who he is... right?"

I frowned with annoyance and stopped looking at her, focusing now on the students passing on the schoolyard "Who the heck is him, and how the heck am I suppose to know?!"

Abruptly, she stood up and grabbed my wrist, pulling me up from the bench "Do you freaking live on another planet?"

"Probably" I replied, forcefully being dragged out of the spot. With her hand still on my wrist, she moved us through the crowd of students waiting inside the building looking excitedly and hopefully at the top student board affixed on the white wall.

Suddenly, the vice-president of the school came and people started talking euphorically.

"Oh my god, it's now!"

"I need to know which place I was given"

"I just hope I'm on the top 5"

"Oh shut up, nobody is going to replace him..."

"... yeah, he never lost"

I felt something bump my arm and I turned around, seeing Nayeon with her elbow close to my body "You're going to see"

The vice-president made his way through the students and started attaching the results on the wall, making everyone even more nervous. He then walked away and the shouting started, making me wide my eyes in surprise.

I've never felt so good about being just an average student, at least I don't have to take part in this every semester.

"Look!" Someone shouted "He's on the first spot again, eish..." She sighed sadly, her head falling with disappointment.

Curiously, I looked to the board to see whom she could be possibly talking about until my eyes fixed on the name next to the number one.

"Student Lee Dongmin" My lips moved, almost like a whisper. Nayeon next to me shook her head, confirming.

"The number one top student for 2 years now, the number one boy crush of all girls on the school and you dummy don't even know about him at all" My lips turned into a pout and I crossed my arms a little bit hurt.

"You know I normally don't know what is going on in school's dramas and social life" I answered, looking back at the board.

She started laughing and rested her hand softly on my shoulder "I know, I'm just kidding. But well, I thought at least you'd know who he was"

I nodded negatively "I've never even seen him outside classes, not even once on the schoolyard, library nor canteen"

"That's because nobody seems to see him on the breaks" She explained, her eyes shining with excitement "He always disappears before anyone can talk to him, his fangirls have tried plenty of times but somehow he always manages to avoid them" Her hand scrubbed her chin and she squinted her eyes, thinking.

"I really want to know how he avoids them" She admitted, shrugging "That's why there are rumors saying he's full of himself, he doesn't even talk to his fangirls he just runs away from them"

"Wow, I seriously must be living in another world" I let out a sarcastic laugh, rolling slightly my eyes. Looking around, I tried to search for the boy to see if I could spot him and having Nayeon confirming he was the famous Lee Dongmin or not "But maybe this guy in my class isn't Dongmin?"

Nayeon immediately shot me a deadly look and I squint my body in fear "The way you describe him, you never saw him outside classes, you don't know his name... Everything fits his profile"

"Well okay, but-"

"No buts" Her voice serious "I know it's him"

"Whatever" As soon as I finished, the school's bell rang and we both parted ways.

Mr. Not a Good Idea, are you really the popular guy?