29.

Our eyes have been searching for formal clothes that would fit the boys perfectly. Three hours ago, Dahyun and I entered this shopping mall looking for the right clothes for the band's concert that would happen within a month because the party was supposed to be formal and, according to Dahyun's father, men would wear suits and women dresses.

My mind could already picture that party.

Expensive and fancy.

"Can't they wear a simple black and white suit? I mean, I know I'm supposed to help you but I don't even know the difference between a suit and a smoking" I sighed, sinking on a random bench in the middle of the mall.

"It's okay, to be honest, I just wanted to spend more time with you. That was my objective of inviting you in the first place" She admitted, sitting next to me.

"Oh that's so nice of you"

"We haven't had time to really get to know each other, I'm always busy when you guys hang out together" She pouted, chuckling after.

"That's true" I didn't know what to do or say, I almost didn't know her and it was making me slightly anxious because I was worried if she would thought I wasn't being nice.

"So now we finally have a girls' time!" She smiled at me and the feeling of awkwardness calmed down, her smile making my muscles relax.

"Yes!" I clapped excitedly.

"So did the guys take you to the park the other day? They were so excited for it" She chuckled, looking at the window display in front of us "They love that place so much"

"They did and were very excited!" I chuckled back, the image of them running on the grass coming to my mind "It's such a beautiful place"

"It is" She said, almost like a whisper, her face went serious like she had remembered something.

"Were you the first one to find it?" I asked and she slowly looked at me, giving me a sad smile. I bit my lip, observing her face. Is it a sensitive topic?

"Well..." She giggled sadly "I'm not sure if I was the one who found it first"

I kept staring at her, giving her my full attention "Then who?"

"The first day I found the park, I was angry with myself and I really didn't want to go home right away so I end up walking randomly. When I realized I didn't know where I was, I looked around and saw a little park just a step away from me. That's when I saw the giant tree and underneath it a boy reading his book peacefully"

My heart jumped and my eyes slightly widened without a warning.

She didn't need to tell the rest of the story for me to understand what she was talking about, more specifically, who she was talking about.

"...He was alone, reading a book quietly and I stupidly stood there observing him. His eyes left the book and he looked at me and smiled. That's how we met, actually"

I gulped, my mind finally giving me courage "You're... You're talking about Dongmin, aren't you?"

She simply smiled at me, sinking in the bench, closing her eyes "It is pretty obvious, huh?"

"I-I didn't" I stuttered, not wanting to hurt her. She put her hand on my arm, giving me a firm nod.

"It's okay, Seoyeon. I know everyone knows, or at least is suspicious of it" She chuckled emotionless "You know, that day, even though he didn't know me, he was the only one there for me. We talked for hours, I even cried in front of him, a complete stranger"

A smile grew on my face while watching her face turning happier with the memories that were filling her mind.

She must really like him.

"He's just so much than his face and it makes me really sad to see some people who only see that about him" She sighed and my heart felt those words. Suddenly, a feeling of sadness took over me and my heart began to beat fast.

Dahyun is such a sweet and nice person, Dongmin should be proud to have her as a friend or if he wanted... much more than that.

"I'm so sorry to bother you with all of this. I know we haven't been friends for a while nor talk that much but I feel like I can trust you and I really needed to talk about this with someone" She smiled at me and opened her arms "Can I hug you?"

"Of course" I said, hugging her back. I smiled against her shoulder, wondering if the smile was to trick myself or to try to hide the fact my heart was slowly shattering into pieces and the way the muscles of my mouth simply formed a smile in a way my mind would block the feelings I was desperately trying not to feel.

(...)

My eyes faced the white ceiling above me, head laying on the soft pillow. Since I got home, I have been laying on my bed while thoughts filled my mind.

I sighed and closed my eyes, her conversation repeatedly playing on my head while the feelings produced by my brain almost seemed too real, my body reflecting the effects.

"Why am I so confused?" I asked myself "Should this been bothering me?"

A knock sounded on the door.

"Seo, can I enter?" I heard Jinjin asking on the other side. I responded to him and he entered the room looking at me with furrowed brows "You're too quiet today, you usually have music on. Is everything alright?"

He sat on the edge of my bed and I finally sit up, jumping to him, making his body wince in surprise. I wrapped my arms around him and laid my head on his chest.

"I just needed one of your hugs"

"I can see that" He chuckled, the vibration of his chest hitting my ear. He pushed me closer to him, caressing my back, a feeling of safeness and comfortableness filling my heart.