11.

Once we passed the hospital entrance, I saw MJ walking side to side nervously. Instinctively, I started running towards him and started bombarding him with questions.

"MJ! What happened?" I said breathless "How is he, how-"

He grabbed my shoulders and shook me "Calm down, Seoyeon. Let me explain"

I slowly nodded and embraced myself for the truth.

"He was going to college when a car hit his motorcycle" He explained, sadness in his eyes "The car didn't see him so he fell off of his bike and he broke a few ribs and a leg"

My eyes frantically searched the doors next to us "Where is he now? Is he awake?"

MJ shook his head negatively and looked at me nervously, I tilted my head and furrowed my brows, suspicious "Then where is he?"

"H-he's in a coma" My whole world fell when those words hit my ears, echoing in every corner of my mind.

He's in a coma...

I took a few steps back, mouth-opened, not enabled to process everything I had heard.

"N-n-no" I stuttered, still backing off "It can't b-be h-happening a-again"

"Seoyeon..." Nayeon called, reaching for me but I quickly shrugged her hand "No, not again. It can't be"

My throat felt dry and painful tears started growing on it, at that moment, I couldn't care less about a damn thing. All I knew was that I needed to leave that place fast.

If it was the best decision to do?

Hell no.

But I was feeling like suffocating if I stayed there more than a second so I did what I felt was the best option to calm myself down - running away from there.

(...)

My back was against the dirty and cold wall, eyes observing the street in front of me, looking to random places while my mind was full of thoughts.

There was a little clothing shop on the other side of the road, a lady was cleaning the huge glass that covered almost all of the store, from where I was standing, I could see inside the store. A girl with straight and shiny black hair was behind the counter, talking to an old lady who was handing her the money. She smiled sweetly at her, bowing and accepting the money, making the old lady smiled back, and with that, she left the store.

Suddenly, a boy who looked slightly older than the girl approached the counter and patted her head, making her hit him on the shoulder and brush her hair again, trying to fix the hairs that he had moved while patting.

She rolled her eyes and smiled at him, crossing her arms, saying something to him I couldn't understand. He shrugged and winked at her, going to somewhere else on the store, hidden by the white pillar in front of me, blocking my view.

I sighed and fell more tears reaching my eyes.

They reminded me of Jinjin and I, always fighting but loved each other more than anything in this world.

The truth was that I didn't know if I could get through this one more time, I couldn't afford to lose him.

I couldn't. He couldn't leave me like that.

Not after everything we've been through.

I buried my head in my knees, letting my tears wet my blue jeans, memories rushing mercilessly.

I felt someone sit next to me and I sobbed, trying to speak "Nayeon, please you know I like to be alone-"

"I'm not Nayeon"

When I heard the voice I cursed myself for not hiding in another place more difficult to be found.

I wiped my tears with my sleeve, raising my head to look at him with red eyes. He was looking at me straight in the eyes, not caring if we weren't that close or not like he was trying to know how I was feeling and what to say to me.

"I want to be alone" I murmured, voice raspy from all the crying.

He got closer to me and shook his head "Obviously that's not going to happen"

"Obviously if you knew me, you'd know I like to be alone when I'm feeling like this" I snorted, angry, breaking eye contact with him.

"Nayeon told me you'd get mad" He shrugged, still looking at me "I couldn't care less if you get mad at me, all I know is that in these times we're hurting we shouldn't be alone, believe me"

I buried my head again in my knees refusing to accept what he was saying even though deep down I knew he was right.

I felt my body shivered and cold, hearing him sighing "It's so cold outside and you're here just with a thin shirt on"

I heard him move and something warm covered my body, I peeked in one eye and saw a long black coat on top of me, making me look at him again.

"You're going to catch a cold, take it back" I said emotionless, earning a chuckle from him.

"Says the girl who's outside with just the thin uniform shirt" I glanced back at him and saw him with a little smile on his face, a reassuring one, trying to tell me it was fine.

Seeing him there, standing next to me, smiling at me made me tear up more. Sadness and gratefulness mixed.

The boy I had met only a week ago was there for me, watching me crying ugly, supporting me, and preoccupied with myself.

He wasn't like others.

"Seoyeon..." He called me in a low tone, seeing me starting to cry again "Cry all you want, it's totally okay. Let it all out, I'm here for you"

I raised from the ground and stood up, looking back at him, offering my hand to help him stand. He stared at my hand, accepting it.

"Dongmin..." I called him, making him look at me expectantly "...thank you"

And with that I took a step forward, throwing my arms around his waist, hugging him tightly. I felt his body stiff in surprise, not knowing how to react.

But a second later I felt his arms wrap me back and I rested my head on his chest, enjoying his warmth and his touch against my cold body, forgetting about everything and anything just feeling like I was safe, protected.

"You're welcome" He whispered softly, feeling his voice vibrations in my ear.