40.

"Seoyeon"

I heard someone calling my name, making me look away from the window and the beautiful sun that was shining today. My eyes met Dongmin's and his right brow slightly arched in curiosity.

"You're quite distracted today" He stated and an unintentional sarcastic chuckle escaped my mouth.

"Am I?" I said, pressing my lips together "I haven't noticed it" I whispered the last part, a sigh escaping my mouth.

The truth was, the band's concert had only happened two days ago and my heart was broken into tiny pieces. The last two days I spent them crying on my bed, thinking and replaying the same scene over and over again, the words he said, the cold wind on my back, his expression of sadness after the lack of response from my part.

I was so scared to see him again after the weekend and knowing I was feeling like that hurt me even more.

Why couldn't I just forget about it as he asked me to?

Why everything felt so different?

The school's bell rang and with that interrupting my thoughts. I picked my stuff from the table and shoved everything inside my backpack.

"It's lunchtime" Dongmin spoke, startling me. I almost forgot he was next to me and that I was in class.

"Yes" I spoke but it came almost like a whisper "Let's go"

I gulped nervously, knowing what it meant. We walked side by side, passing through the hurried students heading to the canteen.

When we were about to enter the canteen, a blue hair appeared on the sight of view and a long-haired girl standing next to them.

It was Chaehyun and her friend!

"Hi, Chaehyun" I called her and both of them looked at me.

She smiled shyly "Hi, Seoyeon"

"Hello" Her friend bowed, smiling and showing her braces.

"Have you guys eaten already?" I asked and they shook their head negatively.

"Dongmin and I were about to have lunch with our friends, would you like to join us?"

"I'm not sure..." Chaehyun spoke and looked at her friend for support "We don't want to bother anyone"

"Not at all" Dongmin gave them a reassuring smile "I'm sure the other ones feel the same way"

"Is Moonbin going to be there?" Her friend asked and Chaehyun quickly nudged her friend, widening her eyes, embarrassed.

"Yes, he will be" Dongmin chuckled, probably guessing why she made that question while he looked at a flushed Chaehyun.

I bit my lip hard, almost tasting the blood from it. My heart was beating faster than it should be, making me feel it jumping on my chest, a rush of nervousness feeling me once again.

I couldn't believe I was nervous to see my own best friend.

"Should we go?" I asked, wanting to get through lunch the fastest I could because it meant I only had one class left today and then I could finally go home. They all nodded and we finally entered the canteen, seeing the band and Nayeon already sitting on a table next to the wall.

The four of us started to walk towards them and they heard us approaching, lifting their heads from the food and greeting us with a smile. My eyes instantly locked on his and I quickly turned my head the other way, his expression shifting to guilty and sad.

"Hello guys! I want you to meet Chaehyun" I pointed at her and she bowed at them "And her friend..."

I stopped my sentence realizing I didn't know her name.