16.

The lights went off and the red curtain began to open, revealing the band on the stage. The public started cheering for them, including me.

Moonbin stood in the middle of the stage, in front of the microphone, wearing black pants and a white and gold shirt. On his right, Rocky was wearing a similar outfit, his red guitar shining under the powerful lights.

Dahyun was on Moonbin's left sight, her gold and black dress was covered with little pearls while her long silver hair was falling down her shoulders beautifully. She stood on her spot holding her bass guitar, a huge nervous smile on her face.

Close to the huge screen beside them was standing Sanha and Dongmin. Sanha had a confident grin on his face, playing with his drumsticks, showing how skilled he was.

This kid...

I giggled softly.

My eyes averted to Dongmin. He was sitting next to the piano, his hands resting on his lap while his eyes were closed. He took a deep breath and opened his eyes, looking at the crowd.

His shirt was more unbuttoned than usual, showing his silky skin. It was also quite tight, making his broad shoulders stand out even more.

After taking a deep breath, his expression changed. Instead of the nervous expression he had before, he now stood there with a focused face.

I had to admit, it was kind of attractive.

I hit myself lightly on the head, cursing myself. Since do I think about such things? Since do I think about him?

I got interrupted from my thoughts with Moonbin touching his microphone, checking if it was working.

"Hello everyone, thank you for coming today. I hope you enjoy today's concert as much as we'll love to perform for you"

"GO MOONBIN" Someone shouted. Moonbin showed the crowd a shy smile and bowed.

"Guys, should we introduce ourselves?" He said, looking at his bandmates. They nodded in approval "Alright, 2. 3..."

"Hello, we are 5WAYS" They all said through their microphones, bowing, showing their gratefulness. The crowd started shouting and clapping, excited to hear them playing.

"Fighting!" I shouted, earning a chuckle from both Moonbin's parents and Dongmin's mom.

"Fighting!" They also said, smiling at me.

"Before we start, I want to present to you our latest song that was written by our vocalist, Moonbin. Give it up for him!" Dahyun said excitedly through her microphone, clapping.

Both women and men shouted to him, making him smile. I was a little surprised to see how many fans he and the band had, the auditorium was full and people were cheering super loud for them, supporting them.

Moonbin took a deep breath and approached the microphone, taking a step closer, putting both of his hands on top of it, closing his eyes.

We've known each other
For a long long time
But I never really noticed
All the magic in your eyes
I've been around you
A thousand times before
And you've always been a friend to me
But now I'm wanting more
I must have been so blind
I never realized

They sang together.

You're the one that's right for me

All the while I couldn't see
And now I feel so strange
I'll never be the same
Going 'round and 'round in circles
And I don't know what to do
'Cause baby

I didn't know why but my heart was beating fast, something about that music, about how Moonbin would tilt his head to sing the high notes, the way he would pronounce every word like he felt each and every one of it inside, was making me feel anxious and nervous.

"What is this" I whispered to myself, touching my chest.

I've been thinking about you
In the most peculiar way
I've been thinking about you
It's unbelievable to me
But suddenly I think
I'm falling in love with you

There's no explaining how I feel inside
I'm going thru a transformation
Finally opened up my eyes
The one I spent a lifetime searching for
Was right here all the time

Baby I can't hold back anymore
I just can't conceal it
But suddenly I think
I'm falling in love with you

The music ended and everyone started clapping. They all bowed, big smiles on their faces.

I could see they were already tired but they'd give everything they'd at that moment, after all, that was the moment they had been expecting for a long time and it finally arrived.

The time where they can be their selves and express their passion for each instrument and music in general.

(...)

Through the huge crowd trying to leave the auditorium, I finally managed to find a little spot on the entrance to lean on the wall and wait for Nayeon and MJ.

A group of girls was standing next to me, talking and giggling. I looked at them and one of them called my attention, I knew her!

We had classes together.

She didn't notice me standing there, maybe that's why my ears were hearing things she probably didn't want me to hear.

"Oh my god, Dahyun is so lucky. She's so pretty and she gets to hang with four handsome boys"

"I wish!" Someone said, making them all giggle.

"I like Moonbin the most" The girl with pink hair said, looking dreamily at the ceiling "He's just so manly, the way he sings..."

"Oh, isn't Moonbin Seoyeon's friend?" The girl from my class asked.

"Who's Seoyeon?"

"That girl who he usually hangs with, his childhood friend. At least that's what I've heard"

"Oh!" She exclaimed, nodding "The one who's been seen with Dongmin lately"

"I know who she is now" Some other girl in the group said.

"I guess Dongmin only hangs with her because she's Moonbin's friend. I mean, she isn't that pretty so I guess he wouldn't be dating her"

"Right?! He doesn't talk to a lot of girls, only Dahyun"

"But Dahyun is a goddess, I totally would understand if they would be dating. I wouldn't even be jealous!"

"And I think she likes Dongmin, she's always so smiley when she's with him"

"My cousin is her friend, she told me she actually likes him!"

"Oh my god!" They all squealed in surprise.

"Seoyeon!" I heard MJ shouting from the door, loud enough for me and everyone around us to hear it. The group of girls next to me suddenly stopped talking, quickly glancing at where I was standing.

"Come here!" Nayeon also shouted, waving at me. I smiled and nodded.

"I didn't see her here!" The girl with pink hair whispered, her eyes wide in surprise.

"I hope she didn't hear what we've been saying"

I looked in their eyes, crossing my arms and rolling my eyes "I did hear. You should be more careful where you talk and when you talk"

"Next time, make sure I'm not around when you talk on my back. Goodbye, ladies" I said, leaving them behind looking guiltily at each other.

Tsk, bitches.