43.

He walked back into the room wearing a white coat and joined me by the counter. I opened the water for him, pushing the tap up and he put the tubes under it, washing them carefully.

Without having anything else to clean, I simply stood there watching him focused on cleaning the material. I blinked my eyes and turned around to ask the teacher a question, seeing the group next to us also watching Dongmin.

I chuckled to myself, seeing them so "in love" with him.

He's so normal to me, it's strange to think they see him as some kind of ethereal person.

"Seoyeon, can you please come here?" The teacher asked me like she could read my mind and I quickly nodded, walking to the other side of the laboratory.

I bowed to her and smiled nervously, thinking she might shout at me because of the little debate I had made because of the project.

"I wanted to talk about the project" She said and I prepared myself for whatever was coming "Last night I was correcting your projects and to be honest, there were only a few groups that were able to finish the minimum number of pages"

"I-" I started to say but she motioned for me stop, making me gulp my words back.

"I wanted to thank you"

I blinked a few times while staring at her confused with her words.

Thank... me?

"I'm aware of my students' thoughts about me" She gave me a little smile "They think I'm too harsh and ruthless but the truth is I find that type of teaching is better because it makes them more focused. Instead of being too sweet, I try to keep the atmosphere more serious inside the classroom because these grades are your future"

"We don't think that, Ms. Hwuang..."

"Sure" she rolled her eyes "What I wanted to say is that you standing up for what you think and expressing what you feel is really important. No one was really saying anything about it but once you spoke they felt encouraged"

"I guess so" I replied, unsure.

"Thank you for being honest, Seoyeon. I wanted to tell you I decided not to penalize the groups who didn't reach the minimum number of pages"

I tried to contain a smile. Did I really just make Ms. Hwuang change her mind?

"Of course" I bowed to her, smiling "And thank you for being such a good teacher, I really liked having you as a teacher this semester"

She chuckled, rolling her eyes slightly "Don't lie"

"I'm not!" I exclaimed, giving her thumbs up "You're a good teacher"

"I will miss you and your sudden questions" She whispered and looked around "But you didn't hear it from me"

With that, she smiled at me and left to organize some materials on the counter.

"What did I miss?" Dongmin looked confused at me "Did I see her smile at you?"

"She said she would miss me!" I whispered excitedly, hitting him on the arm due to the excess of excitement.

"Why do you always hit me when you're happy? I suffer either you're happy or mad" I didn't reply and instead a big smile covered my face while I looked around the room.

Damn, I never thought I would say this but I'm going to miss school.

"We only have two weeks left" I finally spoke "It's so strange to think about it"