38.

The silence inside the black van was suffocating. Everyone felt tense, no talking, no laughs, the only sound was the radio playing a sad song which did not favor the moment.

I saw my brother looking at me through the rear-view mirror, expecting some sort of signal from me. I looked to the others and then back to the mirror, shrugging discreetly, mouthing: Don't know what to say.

He gave me a firm nod "Well guys, we are almost arriving at the place"

His deep voice echoed inside the car, making everyone startled with the sudden sound, heavily contrasting with the silence it had been overtaking the trip since we got in the car.

"I know how nervous you all must be, there will be a lot of people but remember, doing your best and having fun is what matters the most. Don't let bigger crowds scare you like that, you are more than enough"

Moonbin placed his hand on Jinjin's shoulder, appreciating the fact he was trying to cheer up everyone.

"Thank you, Jinjin. It's hard to keep calm on this situation, the nervousness screams too loud on our heads but we'll fight it-"

Rocky interrupted Moonbin by letting a chuckle out.

"Are you the type of people that get too inspired on the hardest moments? Because that phrase, woah..."

He started clapping while nodding his head.

Did he really mean it? Or was he being sarcastic?

I never know what is going on in Rocky's mind.

"I have more of those, do you want to hear it?" Moonbin asked Rocky, a slight smirk playing on his face. He quickly shook his head negatively, his eyes growing wider.

"You guys are boring" Sanha scoffed, rolling his eyes "Jinjin, do you have Bluetooth on the car?"

"Sure" He looked at him through the mirror, turning it on.

"Thanks" He smiled at him. After a few seconds on his phone, Sanha turned to us with a mischievous smile.

"Oh no, that's definitely not good..." I slowly said, anticipating what was about to happen.

"ARE YOU ALL READY TO ROCK?" He shouted, pressing the play button, putting the volume so high I thought the car might explode.

 Living easy, living free

Season ticket on a one-way ride

"Asking nothing, leave me be"  He sang along with the song. I mean, more screaming to the song while he was trying to mimic the actual high pitched tone of the singer.

"Wait, how the hell do you know that song?" I asked surprised "You're a fetus!"

"Hey!" He shouted, getting my attention "First, I'm not a fetus. Secondly, there is no age to know the power of rock, my friend"

I looked at him with widened eyes seeing him headbanging with all his strength.

"Who are you and what did you do to our Sanha?" Moonbin covered his eyes, making me laugh.

Taking everything in my stride

Instead of answering Moonbin, he turned to him and faked a microphone with his hand, singing the following lines of the song. I looked to the other side, seeing Dongmin and Dahyun laughing at Sanha, tears of laughter threatening to fall off their eyes.

Don't need reason, don't need rhyme
Ain't nothing I would rather do
Going down, party time
My friends are gonna be there too

The chorus was about to hit at any moment and I knew what I needed to do. I inhaled deeply and faked a microphone with my hand as well, arching my brow at Sanha, a smirk playing on my lips.

I'm on the highway to hell
On the highway to hell!!!!!

Sanha and I literally screamed the chorus and the other ones quickly followed, also singing the chorus. If anyone saw us from far they probably would see a big black van shaking while loud music blasted through the speakers of the car.

After enjoying the last minutes of the song, we all stepped out of the van and we stood looking at the entrance with apprehension. Rocky was holding his guitar while Dahyun had her bass and Sanha his drumsticks between his fingers, visually holding them with strength. 

Two days ago, we had been there preparing everything: electric cables, heavier instruments like the piano and the drums, microphones, the lighting and of course, their positions on the stage.

"Guys, I don't know about this anymore..." Sanha said between his teeth, looking at us with worry in his eyes.

"Don't worry, they will like you" I tried to reassure him, putting my hand on his shoulder.

"But the crowd is very diverse, we have older people to 2 years old little cute and big cheeks babies-"

Rocky quickly shut Sanha off "If we don't try something out of our comfort zone, we will never know what is like to perform to people who never listened to our music nor entertain people"

"Rocky is right everyone" Moonbin moved in front of us, turning around so he could face us all "We already discussed this. We practiced and we will enjoy it"

"Exactly!" Dahyun exclaimed "I talked to my dad, he said they had worse bands than us performing and people didn't judge"

"People are here to have a good time, spend time with their colleagues and families. After all, they are commemorating the enterprises' success" I smiled at them "And let's be honest, they don't give a damn about who will be performing, they just want some music"

Chuckles filled the air.

"Guys, you can do it. Just be yourselves and have fun" I spoke again, earning some nervous head nods from them.

"Fighting!" Dongmin put his hand in the middle. I saw Moonbin's smile grow on his face and he placed his hand on top of Dongmin's.

"Guys?" He called for their attention.

Sanha quickly joined, Rocky following and Dahyun.

"Oh c'mon, guys. You're almost part of the band" Dongmin laughed, talking to Jinjin and I "Come here"

Jinjjin looked at me with a smile on his lips, putting one of his arms around my shoulder and his other hand on top of Rocky's.

"Fighting!" I shouted as I was the last person to join their motivation gesture.