51.

My heart was beating fast, nervousness not leaving me nor the tight knot on my stomach. I adjusted the microphone in front of me, putting it a little lower so I could easily speak without having to stretch all my way up.

Everyone was looking at me and I tried my best not to let it affect me, trying to steady my voice the best I could in that situation. My eyes fell on my friends and Jinjin and they gave me thumbs up, smiling at me. I smiled back, feeling happier knowing they were there.

"Hello, my name is Park Seoyeon and my essay is called Wings aren't real"

I bowed at them deeply, hearing people starting to clap at me. I smiled and got up again.

"It tells a story of a superhero whose powers grew with time and he tries to understand what is happening with him" I explained, giving them a nervous smile "I hope you enjoy"

The sky above his head was dark, the clouds also were, the few drops of rain he felt on top of his head confirming what he was seeing. He sighed as he put his case on his head, cursing himself for not bringing an umbrella with him and his thin coat definitely not helping the matter. He gulped when he felt his pupils getting dilated with the lack of light, they were dilating more than usual and it seemed like his eyes were about to pop at any moment but they stopped, leaving only a bit of his brown colored iris visible.

The burning in his veins beginning once again and he tried to fight whatever was happening inside him again. He grabbed his head with strength, his now fast reflexes making him able to find an empty alley which hadn't noise.

- No! - He shouted enraged, still grabbing his face - Not again, not again, not AGAIN!

A sharp wave of pain shoot through his brain and strong dizziness came with that, and so did darkness.

In the back he heard some voices, they sounded like they were in a tunnel but he quickly strained his ears and he noticed they were close to them. Too close.

His eyelids flashed open and his first instinct was to get away from there.

- Hie is awake! Hold him - A female voice spoke, an unknown one for him.

He felt pairs of arms grab him tightly and he fought back, trying to break the chains on his wrist.

- Sungwoo, calm down - He heard her speak again, this time her tone calmer.

- How do you know my name?

- I know more than you think - She replied and he stood quietly, looking at her. She motioned for the men who were holding him to stop - I want to help you.

- Help me in what?

- Controlling your powers - She spoke, her voice smooth almost sounding like she had said the most normal thing in the world.

- H-How do you know? - He asked surprised, looking at her with widened eyes.

- Because you are not the only one - She pushed a chair and sat across him, crossing her legs - And definitely not the last.

I continued to read my own text, vibrating with every word, every sentence. I was so caught up in the text that it felt like I only started reading it a minute ago. As I reached the end, I bowed at them and smiled when I saw everyone standing up on their feet to congratulate me and started clapping.

"Thank you, before I give the spot to my classmate I wanted to say that I wrote this with my brother in mind, some of the things are inspired in him. He's my hero, even if he hasn't wings nor powers" I chuckled nervously and slightly embarrassed of saying that in front of all that people. I looked at Jinjin and saw him with a warm smile on his face, wiping his eyes playfully.