04.

The cafe was small but cozy, little white lights hanging on the wood wall beside me. It was full of students working on their computers, books open and furrowed brows, the caffeine being more useful than ever.

My hands reached the cup in front of me and I brought it to my lips, sipping the iced coffee. I heard the door open and I looked up hopefully, looking at the person.

It's not him...

Messages

Stupid ♥

WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU

16:04 Sent

"I can't believe I've been waiting for him for almost an hour" I murmured, sighing angrily.

Every time the lady on the counter would pass by me to deliver other client's drinks, she'd give me an apologetic and sad smile seeing the coffee I had bought him getting colder every minute. I couldn't believe he had forgotten our-

"SEOYEON!" Someone shouted, making the whole cafe looking at the voice's source.

Moonbin.

He ran to me and abruptly sat in front of me, panting hard. His brown hair was now a mess, almost like he hadn't even brushed his hair in the morning, his clothes were soaked in sweat and his eyes fixed on mine.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't want to make you wait for me I just tried to leave the classroom earlier but the teacher was talking and tal-"

"Hey, easy Binnie" I interrupted him, giving him time to calm himself down "Breathe. Just breathe" He blinked his eyes a few times, still motionless.

I inhaled and exhaled deeply, pointing to him "Try yourself"

He slowly nodded and repeated the movement, feeling a lot more relieved.

"I'm sorry" He said, slower this time "I just got caught up in the music club because we have a recital coming up next week"

"It's okay, Binnie" I smiled and his face lightened up, flashing me a dashing smile "I was just worried because you didn't respond to my message" His hands searched his pockets clumsily and he took out his phone, sighing when he opened the screen.

"It was on silent and I didn't check it, I'm so sorry"

"Yah!" I exclaimed "Stop apologizing, stupid. Just drink the coffee I bought you" I said playfully, smiling "It can be a little cold by now though"

We broke into laughter looking like the two little children we are. I looked to Moonbin and smiled while watching him drinking the coffee.

He hasn't changed a bit.

Moonbin and I have been friends since childhood, we did everything together back then. We'd spend each and every evening playing and having fun at the park next to our houses.

Our parents would get mad because we'd stay late in the park and they wanted us to go back home but we didn't care about it at all, being together was all that mattered.

But then we started to grow up, things got really different. We wouldn't be together every day anymore and we were starting to talk lesser and lesser.

Only a year ago we got closer again and the childhood friendship seemed to fire up again, we knew and understood each other so well.

"So, are you free next week?" He spoke, interrupting my thoughts.

I froze on my seat.

"Wh-why?" I stuttered and he laughed, closing his eyes.

"I wanted to invite you to my see our band at the recital, I have free tickets to family and friends so I wanted to know if you, if you wanted to... come" His eyes totally averted from me and focused on the tv on the corner instead, looking almost shy?

"Sorry, I don't like bands" I shrugged and his eyes left the tv, making their way to mine with sadness "I'm kidding Binnie, I'm kidding. Of course, I would love to!" He clenched his teeth and hit my shoulder.

"Ow!"

"Don't play with me like that, you tease!" I stuck out my tongue at him and crossed my arms.

"That's my little revenge for being waiting for you for almost an hour"

"Okay, I kind of deserved it" He admitted defeated, smiling right after.

"So I know you're the lead singer, how many members have your band?" I asked, curiously. I didn't know anything about the school's band nor the members even though they are known for their talent.

"Five" he replied "Me, Rocky, our guitarist, Sanha on the drums, Dahyun on the bass guitar, and Dongmin on the piano"

My eyes widened at the mention of that name.

Again him?