25.

Moonbin was devouring the strawberry ice cream he was holding in his right hand, looking at it completely in love. I laughed at the sight - he always had been crazy about food.

We were in the ice cream shop we used to go as kids, the one he had told us that reopened recently. Of course we had to go visit it again to remember the good old times. Curiously, the place wasn't so far different from what I could remember, it still had that typical light decorating, mostly white walls, tables, and chairs but the store's space had been expanded. There wasn't a wall separating the two rooms anymore, the kids' room where it used do have a lot of toys and the normal consuming area.

"Why are you staring at some random wall while your ice cream is melting down your hand?"

I looked down and saw my chocolate ice cream dripping down the cone to my hand. I sighed and cleaned my hand with a napkin that had the store's red logo.

"I was just thinking about what this used to look like" I explained, my tone coming out as sad. I quickly chuckled and focused on him "I sounded sad"

"You did" He chuckled back but his face went serious "Is anything bothering you?"

I shook my head, denying "I don't think so"

"You think?" He arched his brow suspiciously.

I gave him a smile, trying to reassuring him "I am sure. I don't know, you know how I am... Always thinking about how things used to be, how used to feel"

He didn't reply, realizing what I was saying. Instead, with his free hand, he held mine, his thumb softly brushing against my skin.

"I'm sorry"

"Binnie..." I quickly said, holding his hand stronger "Why are you saying sorry? It's not your fault"

He shook his head, closing his eyes "I should have been there for you-"

I interrupted him, my tone stern "No. You weren't even in town, besides we were both kids. What were you supposed to do, huh? Tell me to eat a lot of chocolate and cheer up?"

I chuckled, trying to lighten the mood. He looked at me and pouted.

"I know that was supposed to make me feel better but it actually hurt"

I rolled my eyes, smiling "I was just trying to say you couldn't do much to help me"

"I know, I know" He winked "Just messing with you"

"Same old Bin" I said as I got up, giving my hand to help him stand "Should we go now see the goldfishes?"

He grinned and took my hand, getting up from the chair "Catch me while you can"

Moonbin left the shop running like a kid, giving me a peace sign from outside the big window. I sighed and chuckled, leaving the ice cream shop and chasing after him.

(...)

"Hell no! It was you?!" He shouted shocked. I laughed devilish, flipping my hair proudly to see his reaction.

"Well... You knew how I didn't like Hyomin in the first place. And you chose to hang out with her instead of me, your own best friend!" I tried to sound shocked, hitting my chest with my hand, just above my heart.

"And you decided to cut my pants on the butt side? People were staring and laughing" He pouted. I remember how mad I was when I did that and I felt so bad after doing it when I saw how people started to make jokes about him.

"I'm sorry"

He came closer to me, sitting by my side, laying against the big tree "You're lucky that I like you too much, else I would be mad"

"You like me?" I asked him, teasing him. The corners of his mouth turned upwards and his smile came slow, staring at me non-stopping. I arched my brows, waiting for an answer.

"Maybe"

"Maybe?" I pouted, exaggerating and faking I was about to cry "How can you not like your best friend?"

His eyes abandoned mine and I saw his jaw tensed, looking rather nervous. I furrowed my brows, thinking of what had happened and what was he thinking that lead him to look unsure and conflicted.

"Best friend..." He whispered and sighed, looking at the sky. He quickly shook his head and put a smile on his lips, his eyes returning to mine again "I was kidding. Of course I like you. I even love you, after all you're my best friend..."

"Oh my, look who's also here!" A female voice said, making both of us lookup. My eyes focused on her smiley face, red and shiny lips, pink-colored cheeks, and beautifully smokey peach eyes. She was wearing a dark purple dress above her knees, revealing her thighs pale skin.

I gulped involuntarily when I saw someone was standing next to her, a tall boy whose face I couldn't see because the sun was blinding me. My mind screamed the name I didn't want, making me want to punch myself in the face.

Don't you dare thinking is him.

Why is my mind thinking this?

Why.

"Hello, Moonbin. Seoyeon" His deep voice spoke and I cursed between my teeth, face-palming myself on my head.

"Wow, you two look great, where are you going dressed like that?" Moonbin laughed. His jaw dropped and he shouted "Wait, are you two on a date?!"