4

⌧ "he literally wasted his time to help me!" i said to jeongguk. "i can't believe that..."

"really? oh my gosh dude—you're lucky that he was walking out like you were too."

i sighed, leaning back in my chair. "yeah but...why was he out that night? was it the same reason as mine?"

"i dunno—how should i know? i'm not there!" he laughed. "aish. so...he saw how your house looks? all richy and stuff?"

i rolled my eyes. "yeah but he didn't say anything about it... i thought he would."

"ah, okay. that means he isn't one of those people. he's like me~not questionable about your richy parents." he chuckled. "mostly your father, right?"

"yeah..." i tapped on my desk. "he's the rich one..."

i wasn't really annoyed that jeongguk brought up my rich father. he's been my friend for years and i don't mind it anymore. he never asked for money or even asking me to buy something from him. he always payed for himself and offered me some.

my phone suddenly buzzed, showing a text from my father who is downstairs as i'm in my room.

"hold on gguk," i said as i grabbed my phone and looked at the text.

" 아빠: someone is at the door for you. "

i fluttered my eyes as i read his text. who is visiting me? i know for sure that it's not jeongguk because i checked his snapchat and his location is still in japan.

"gguk, uh...i just got a text from my appa..." i blinked.

"what? what does it say?"

"someone is at the door for me..." i mumbled, very quietly though.

"what? i couldn't hear y"

"someone is at the door! for me, gguk!" i yelled at my laptop, standing up from my chair.

"oh damn—you didn't have to yell..." jeongguk nervously chuckled. "wait! don't leave me"

too late. i quickly jolted out of my room, swinging my door open. i wanted to know who visited me.
it should be someone important, right?

i looked down the stairs before i walked them down. i wanted to see who it was before i reveal myself. i squinted my eyes to try to see a little closer.

what?

why is mr.kim here!?

i fluttered my eyes a million of times before i walked down the stairs. my father was talking to the teacher, asking him how i'm doing in school and heard that he said that i'm doing well.
hell no i'm not! i don't even have some of my papers done for his class!

i got to the bottom of the stairs, quickly making eye contact to the teacher. i looked away and slowly walked up to the both adults.

"taehyung, mr.kim told me that you're having a bit of troubles in his class." my father spoke up, having a tiny smile on his face.

oh. "o-oh."

"so, he made an offer to be your tutor until you go back to doing well." he put his hands together.

tutor? i don't need a tutor. i'm fine on my own! i don't need his help, i have google.

"okay..." i replied.

"for today—since you came back home from school—he can tutor you today." he said.

i gulped, looking up at the teacher to see him softly smiling at my father and me. i looked away for like the fiftieth time, lowering my head down.

"you guys can work in his room. i'll get my chef to get you guys drinks." my father smiled.

"thank you mr.kim." namjoon bowed at my father as he walked away from the both of us.

i lowered my head, turning around and walking back upstairs to my room. namjoon decided to follow me, walking upstairs too. i couldn't help to scrunch myself up when someone follows me.

i got to my room, realizing that i left jeongguk on video call.

"you're back~" jeongguk cheered with happiness and relief. "who was at the door?"

"uh...i gotta go." i nervously said, getting a hold of the lid from the laptop.

"what!? you just came back!" he started to whine, slamming his head on his desk.

"i'm sorry! bye~!" i closed the laptop, sighing in relief.

that's when namjoon walked in, looking around at in my room. i sat down on my chair, putting my arm on my desk where my laptop is. he saw the details of my room, not so fancy but really dark and normal.

he sat down on the edge of my bed, putting his binder on his lap. i picked up my backpack and unzipped it, taking out my english work.

"i-i have a chair over there." i pointed at it, letting him get it himself. nah, i don't want to help him.

he moved the chair towards where i was, placing his binder on my desk. i peaked over to see him open his binder, seeing a bunch of english wording, on the side that's korean.

i fluttered my eyes and opened my folder, revealing the papers that aren't even done. i showed him one of my papers, taking one of them out of the folder.

"i-is this what we did yesterday...?" i asked, still confused.

"yes, that's the paper." he picked up the paper from my hand. i pulled my hand away quickly so the paper wouldn't cut me. "oh, you okay?"

i nodded, looking at my finger to see if it got cut. thank god i didn't get cut. i moved my hand to my lap and just continued to listen to him about the work.

✘⌧✘