一〇

10

⌧ i got back from school, having a small talk with namjoon-hyung—i mean mr.kim. heh. i'm used to calling him that now. he glares at me playfully when i say his name. it's funny. i actually started smiling a bit more than i usually do.

i got to my front door twisting the doorknob to open it to my father, again. i took off my coat, my scarf and my shoes, bowing at my father after. i fluttered my eyes, lowering my head. i hope i wasn't in trouble.

"taehyung." he spoke up, arms crossed again.

"y-yes appa?"

"go to your room. something is up there for you." he said, walking away now.

"yes appa." i bowed again, nodding.

for some reason, i act like i'm his maid or something like that. i still have to be respectful for my father no matter what. he isn't a strict father, he lets me out and doesn't trap me into the house. i'm a senior so i'm old enough to leave and go around.

i know the rules for my father. i can't let myself pay for other people's meals, clothing, etc. i have to keep the money to myself unless i want to pay for my friend, not them begging for me to pay.

i slowly walked upstairs, going towards my door to see my door closed. my door is usually cracked open. hm. something is going on...
i twisted my doorknob and pushed open my door.

"wassup!"

i jumped hard and immediately saw my best friend that was in japan, seeing him standing there with open arms. i fluttered my eyes a millions of times, lifting my hands up to rub my eyes. "j-jeongguk?"

"hey sexy~" he jokingly said, giggling as he waved like a girl with his fingers.

"oh my god!" i ran towards him and immediately put my arms around his shoulders. "i-i can't believe you're actually here!"

"i told you i was coming here!" he said, hugging me back with a tight squeeze. i had the biggest smile across my face when i saw him. i didn't want to let go. "did you miss me?"

"o-of course i did, you ass!" i slapped his shoulder, making him chuckle.

"i noticed your room hasn't changed..." jeongguk rubbed his chin, keeping his arm around my shoulders. "you should change your sheets white."

"nah." i declined. "i like the color it has right now, the color of my soul." i smiled, giggling as i bit my lip.

he hit my shoulder playfully as i sat down on the edge of the bed. he sat with me too.

i looked up at him and sighed softly. "i went somewhere yesterday." i started, fiddling with the edge of my shirt. "w-with someone."

jeongguk gasped loudly. "who!? tell me who! i thought i was the one to take you places~!" he whined with the last sentence, getting a hold on my sleeve and yanking on it. "please tell me who!"

"ggukie! stop pulling on my shirt~!" i started to whine too, trying to push him off of me. "i'll tell you if you staph!"

he put his head down on my shoulder, releasing my sleeve. he crossed his arms and looked back up at me. "i stopped. now, tell me."

i sighed. "do you want to guess...?"

"a friend of your fathers—no! uhh, one of the students at your school started talking to you?"

i facepalmed. "i thought that certain person clicked in your mind..." i rubbed my temples. "i always brought up that guy during our calls."

"wait. so you're telling me—" jeongguk covered his mouth, eyes still widen.

i nodded, awkwardly smiling at him. he looked really shocked from me mentioning that certain person that i always mentioned. he should know right away because i sometimes got annoyed of him in school.

"that...english teacher?" he uncovered his mouth halfway. "no way. you're kidding."

"i'm not." i covered my face with both of my hands. "h-he payed instead of me."

"awww!" jeongguk cooed, hugging me. "you like him, don't you~?" he giggled.

"gguk!" i whined at him, trying to push him off of me again. my face was actually burning up from that, using my feet now to get him off. "i-i'm a minor!"

"dude, your birthday is the thirtieth of december! you'll be nineteen!" he crossed his arms. "i just turned eighteen in september. i'm the minor here." he pointed at himself.

i rolled my eyes, crossing my arms and facing away like something was taking away from me. i was acting like a baby.

jeongguk just groaned, rubbing his temples. "did he at least make you smile? instead of me?"

i gulped hard. he did, he actually did make me smile. the hug, the offer of his beanie, the paying on his own... he made me smile.
i slowly turn my head to jeongguk and nodded, lowering my head.

"you know that's a good reason, right? it's not me this time." he spoke softly.

"b-but—"

"no. don't you dare say that you only want me to make you smile instead of him." he put his hands on his hips. "tae, you can't just have me 24/7 to make you smile or give you comfort. it can be someone else, okay?" he said, placing his hand on my shoulder. "it's not a problem."

"h-he's a teacher and i'm just...just his student." i curled my brows, biting my lip as i put my own arms around myself.

✘⌧✘