三〇

30

⌧ tonight is prom. i wasn't ready. i certainly wasn't at all. i stared at the outfit for prom that i'm going to wear if i go at all. it's a pure white dress shirt(top photo), something simple and neat to me. i wasn't a fancy guy, i was plain and simple kind of guy.

i continued to tap my foot on the ground without stopping. i just stared at it, my arms crossed, wondering if i should put it on right now or wait until it goes near prom time. i sighed and walked over to my bed, sitting down on the edge of it and tried not to think about it.

i heard a slight tap on my door, revealing my father. "are you going to prom, son?"

i sighed again. "i don't know appa... there is really no point of going. jeongguk doesn't go to the school anymore, namjoon-hyung can't even set foot in the place..." i frowned more, fiddling with my fingers.

my father chuckled. "you can always invite me."

"appa. that'll be weird. you know how i'll feel."

"i'm joking around." he sighed, walking up to me and sitting beside me on my bed. i noticed that he was holding a book-thing—i forgot what it was called. "here," he handed the book to me.

oh. it's for me i guess.
i grabbed the book from my fathers hands and looked at it. it had a title across the cover, reading it before i even open it;

" 고등학교 연인 "

high school sweethearts... my brows curled and looked at my father. "what is this?" i asked him.

"my memories from high school. when your mother and i met, i was a sophomore and she was a freshman. when we first laid eyes on each other, we knew it was fate. we both knew that we were soulmates, son. your mother and i went to prom together, spend a lot of time together when we were teenagers. i waited for her to graduate, we kept each other promises and never broke them."

i listened to my father, slowly opening the book to see old pictures of him and my mother, wearing beautiful outfits in prom, my father playing soccer and taking a winning photo with my mother...i could feel my eyes becoming glossy. i looked up a my father and see him looking down at the photo i was looking at.

"d-did eomma die peacefully?" i suddenly asked.

my father looked up at me, softly smiling. "if we could ask her, we would know if she did or not."

i felt a tear roll down my cheek, dripping down my chin that hits a single picture of my mother. i look back down at the pictures and slowly closed the book. i wanted to hand it back to him but he said that he should keep it in my room and put it somewhere. i sadly accepted as he got up and slowly left my room.

i miss her so much.

jeongguk sighed through the phone. "i don't know if i can go and be your buddy at the prom, tae..."

my brows curled. he can't come? why not!? "why not, gguk? you're like the only one who can come with me!"

"yoongi-hyung wants me to stay." it sounds like a lie to me... certainly yoongi doesn't like anyone, even if they get along.

"ggukie...namjoonie-hyung can't go. remember what happened...t-to him?" i couldn't help for stutter, staring down at the floor.

"yes. i know, tae. i know what happened. i'll..try to figure something out, okay?"

"okay." i sighed. i ended the phone call later on and sighed again.

i heard a tap on my door to make me look up, seeing my father. "are you ready to go?" he asked.

i fluttered my eyes and turned my head to look in my big mirror that's connected to the inside of my closet, the door open to see myself in the mirror. i turned myself fully to the mirror, looking at my prom outfit that i'm wearing right now.

"yeah." i replied sadly. "i am, appa."

i'm at prom. just sitting there in one of the chairs at my school, where the singles usually sit, watching the others have fun with their dates and friends, not caring about the dress code rule or anything like that. seeing the girls legs makes me cringe, wondering why they shave their legs.

i didn't even feel like eating or drinking. i wasn't having fun. not at all. jeongguk wasn't here, namjoon wasn't here...i'm completely lonely.

"hey! taehyungie!" i heard someone yell, making me lift my head up to see the male.

"o-oh, jimin. hi." i replied in a sad voice, getting up on my feet.

"someone has been trying to find you for a few minutes now!" he nudged me. "his hair is up and all! also, he's with a little guy that's my height!" jimin giggled, biting his lip. "i'll show you where they're at!" he softly grabbed my wrist and started to pull me towards them.

is it jeongguk? did he actually come? wait, 'hair up'? am i sure it's him? oh wait, his hair is long. he didn't want to cut it when he visited me.
jimin got to the male's that waited for me, revealing yoongi—which is not even looking up—and jeongguk that is softly smiling at me.
his hair is really up...oh my god, my best friend so handsome.

"see you at school on monday, taehyungie~!" jimin said, waving before walking back to the crowed.

i fluttered my eyes, still a bit upset. "prom is almost over, gguk. you're late."

"yah. not attitude. you should be happy that i'm here at least. now, get in the car." jeongguk said before walking off.

oh. okay.

✘⌧✘