一八

18

⌧ i started to have a panic attack. i woke up from it, heart rapidly beating without stopping. i sat up in my bed and held onto my chest, my breathing never calming down and my body a non stop shaking.
jeongguk wasn't on the bed. i heard the bath running so i assumed he was about to take a bath or shower.

i tried to yell out his name but my throat is so caught up with my breathing. i couldn't. i tried and tried to yell but it hurt my throat like i couldn't speak. my throat became dry and i started sweating.

"tae, i have to go somewh—taehyung?" his brows curled, peaking over from the doorframe. he saw me in my state. "oh fuck—taehyung!"

he ran up to me, cupping me up bridal style and walked over to the bathroom.
he's been through this a couple of times. i have some types of random panic attacks, even if i had a good or a normal dream. he knew what to do, he knew how to calm me down.

my eyes started watering as jeongguk placed me down in the bathtub, fully clothed in my black shorts and white t. he grabbed a cup and scooped up some water and dumped it on me, grabbing his water bottle and giving it to me.

"jesus, it's been a couple of years since this happened." jeongguk mumbled, putting his hand through my hair. "keep drinking the water, tae."

the door suddenly bursted open, revealing my father. i froze when i saw him. my breath still rapidly fast from when i woke up, body shaking like crazy still. i held tight onto jeongguk's arm, my nails actually digging into his skin.

"the hell's going on?" my father spoke up.

"mr.kim, it's okay. he had a panic attack that woke him up." jeongguk said, rubbing my arm. "it usually doesn't happen. i'm sorry if we woke you."

"no, no, i was already awake." he sighed. "son, are you alright?" my father bent down on his knees and placed his hand on mine for comfort.

i couldn't answer. i still tried to calm myself down as two people worried about me. gosh, if namjoon was here, it would be more crazy than this. i tried my best to nod at my father.

"i'll get you some dark chocolate. it helps calm down panic attacks." my father said as he got up and left the room.
jeongguk bowed as he kept combing through my hair with his fingers.

a few long minutes later—almost an hour, i got myself to calm down. my father brought the dark chocolate to me. i rested my head on jeongguk's arm, the one that i dug my nails into. he actually got marks from me. now that's what you call stress relief, on your best friends arm.

"how's your breathing?" jeongguk quietly asked, rubbing my shoulder.

"neutral." i replied in a drowsy tone.

"you're not going to school today."

"i didn't want to go anyways..." i slurred, slightly playing with the water. yes, i'm still in the bathtub.

"you can invite namjoon if you want?" he whispered, looking down at me. "when you're dad's at work, okay?"

i nodded, frowning. "i want him here."

"i'll call him when the time's right. i'll tell your teachers that you won't be there because of medical problems." he pet my head.

"thank you, ggukie." i whispered, lifting my head up from his arm. "what would i do without my bestie...?"

"something horrible, which won't happen for sure." he got up on his feet, grabbing two towels for me.

i chuckled. i felt like i'm drunk but i really wasn't. i'm a hundred percent sober. being extremely tired and warned out, makes people think they're high or drunk. my best friend took care of me like i'm old, it's cute.

"take off your shirt and shorts, you're soaked man." he said as i slowly got out of the tub. "i'll get you some new underwear, okay?"

i nodded as i pulled the shirt off and pulled down my shorts. jeongguk covered me with one of the towels, using the other one for my hair.

————

( my friend had a panic attack in the middle of the nighthe won't be going to school today

he won't be going to school today. )

————

"wh-what?" namjoon said through the phone. "is he okay?"

"yes, he's calm now. i just gaved him fresh clothes and he went back to sleep. he wants you to come when his father leaves for work." jeongguk said, continuing to pet my hair.

"is his father not there anymore?"

"he just left. you can come over."

"i'll be there. i promise." namjoon said as he ended the call first.

jeongguk sighed, putting his phone down as he continued to pet my hair. "he's coming here, okay?"

i hummed for an answer. he gave me a glass of water on the night stand just in case i get thirsty. he got up on his feet to grab another blanket and placed it on me.
jeongguk was going to hang out with some friends but i had the panic attack. until namjoon gets here, he'll let us have room and go to those friends. i still didn't mind about that. i had namjoon too. jeongguk and i, it just couldn't be only us. we need other people too instead of each other.

i waited for namjoon as jeongguk stayed by my side.

✘⌧✘