9

⌧ we sat down on the bench, swiping the snow off of it before we sat down. both of us were under the blossoms trees, some of the petals and snow were still falling down. we weren't holding hands anymore, he had to check his phone to check the time.

my ears suddenly got cold at the time, lifting my hands up to cover them with my warmish hands. namjoon noticed and started to take off his beanie. i froze when i saw him take it off and moved it towards me.

he moved my hands out of the way and softly put the beanie on top of my head, swiping my bangs out of my eyes so i could see and then...suddenly stopped. i fluttered my eyes when i looked up at him.

he was staring back at me. the tip of his fingers were still on the edge of the beanie that he put on me, just looking at me and seeing the details on my face.

"hyung... i-is everything okay...?" i had to ask, fluttering my eyes multiple times.

namjoon suddenly realized and blinked, moving away and clearing his throat. i looked away, looking down at my lap. he fixed himself up by moving his coat a bit.

he cleared his throat again. "sorry." he quickly apologized, lowering his head.

he seemed like he was caught up in the moment... i wanted to know why he just stared at me in the eyes. what did it mean? what was the point of stopping and staring at me?

i rubbed the back of my nape, fluttering my eyes as i thought about it. i felt my cheeks heat up a bit, looking up at him see if he was doing okay.

"hyung."

"yeah?" he looked over at me as i stared at my lap.

"i think my appa is w-worrying about me." i said. i actually don't know if he is or not. i haven't gotten a text or call from him yet.

"oh. should we go?" he went on his feet, putting his hands in his pockets. i shrugged but then nodded, lifting myself up from the bench. i looked over at him to see him walking up to me. "i'll walk you home."

i nodded as we both started walking towards where i live.

i suddenly felt a hand fold onto mine again. i looked down at our hands to know that he finally made a move on his own instead of me. i couldn't help to curl a tiny smile on my face, feeling his warm hand again like last time. our shoulders kept touching a lot now.

we got to my house, both of us standing on the rug. we removed our hands as i slowly look up at him with a small smile on my face.

"thank you...for taking me. d-do i pay you back—?"

"no. don't pay me back. please." he said. "i spent my money for a reason."

oh okay. every time i asked that question to gguk, he just goes; "if you want to", i always got annoyed from that. i usually pay back so i would be comfortable and won't feel bad.

i nodded from his answer, lowering my head. i decided to dig into my pocket and check the time, seeing 20:30(8:30pm) for the time. i put my phone back and looked back up at namjoon.

"oh! here," he suddenly started digging into his pocket, pulling out a small piece of paper and handing it to me. "this is my number, instead of using the school's email." he said.

i grabbed the paper, whispering a small "thank you". i looked at the number and put it in my pants' pocket. i looked up at him again, not really having that small smile i had anymore.

"i-i'll uh, leave now..." he nervously said, backing up a bit, stepping off the rug.

i nodded, turning around to my door but then stopped. i looked back at him, seeing him walk away. i curled my brows and released the door handle.

"hyung!" i said, loud enough for namjoon to hear it clearly.

i saw him turn around, looking at me with a confused look. i didn't know what i was doing but i jogged towards him and put my arms around him. he backed up a bit from the sudden hug that i've given him.
i didn't feel his arms around me yet. i shoved my face in his chest, hearing his heart beat rapidly. he must of been shocked. i curled my fingers onto his coat, hoping he will hug me back.

i now felt his arms wrap around me, pulling me closer until i loosened my grip. he's probably questioning why i'm hugging him, i don't care. i wanted comfort, i'm thanking him like this. it's better than any other thank yous.

i released the hug and looked up at him, showing a small smile to him. he smiled back at me before i turned around and walked back to my door. he watched me walk to my door. i looked back at him again, waving bye. he waved back, having his normal and neat dimple smile.

i twisted my doorknob and opened the door, seeing my father right away. his arms crossed in a concerned manner, tapping his right foot on the floor.

"oh, appa..." i fluttered my eyes, lowering my head.

"where were you? how come i didn't get calls or text messages?"

"i-i thought i messaged you that i'll be out for a bit with my friend..." i rubbed my arm in nervousness, afraid to look at my father.

"oh. you did?" i nodded. "oh." he chuckled. "i probably didn't check, haha."

i bit my lip, nervously chuckling.

✘⌧✘