Chapter 37: Loss Of Color

Song Quote: Kill! Kill! Kill!
"It's an ache I can't shake and it's creeped down deep into my core
But I can't fake it, I can't take this heartbreak anymore Well you could wash my brain You could tear out my heart But I would never forget you You could change my world I could make a new start But I would never forget you And it's kill, kill, killing me
And it's kill, kill, killing me"
~~~

Third Person's Pov:
Horns echoed in the distance as the group approached the camp. Everyone each held their heads low in regret. Most notably Nya and Lloyd due to the events that have transpired.

Dr. Julien came outside to greet the group "What was that sound? The horns?" He asked looking around with concern.

"The Celestial clock has reached zero. Garmadon's ultimate weapon is now operational" Sensei Wu explained. "And the final battle between good and evil has all but begun."

"Now Lloyd must face his father" Misako gestured to her son as the green ninja gazed at the ground somberly.

Dr Julien looked around to see a missing face. "Where's (Y/n)?" he asked concerned for the girl's wellbeing. This only dampened the five ninja plus Nya's spirits at the mention of her.

Sensei spoke up explaining "She's been taken by the Overlord, but we'll get her back. At the moment there are bigger things at stake, including all of Ninjago itself."

"What about us? (Y/n) was taken, she's a part of this team. We need her" Cole retorted huffing irritably.

Kai put a hand on the earth ninja's shoulder "She's tough and she can handle herself. We will see her again" he reassured everyone making that a promise.

Wu sighed for a moment turning to his nephew "Lloyd, your focus gives strength to invoking the power of the golden dragon." He urged the green ninja offering encouraging words "You cannot lose faith now. Everything rests on your shoulders."

"But Sensei, you saw what happened when I tried to face my father. I... I froze! I can't fight him..." he started to break down shaking his head.

"You must. It is written in the scrolls" Sensei Wu urged his nephew.

Misako patted her son on the back "Your father is just as scared" she reassured.

"Then the battle will be decided by who is willing to fight" Sensei Wu declared as there was no turning back now.

Kai pulled his hood down drawing his sword "You won't be alone, I'll be right behind you. You have my fire."

Cole drew his sword as well "You have my earth."

Zane joined in "And my ice."

"And lightning" Jay finished as they all joined together.

Lloyd looked around at them all, a slow small smile making it's way into his lips.

"We're all in this together, kid." Cole smirked at Lloyd.

A spark of hope lit in his heart as he pulled his hood over his face "What are we waiting for?"

They got ready for the battle, deciding to bring all they had to Garmadon's camp.

~~~

The group crept outside of Garmadon's camp. They were ready to bring the fight to them with a sneak attack.

"They won't know what hit them" Kai whispered nodding to the others.

"Time to chop wood" Jay smirked.