Chapter 38: Dawn Of A New Era

Song Quote: Birds
"Seasons, they will change Life will make you grow Dreams will make you cry, cry, cry Everything is temporary Everything will slide
Love will never die, die, die I know that ooh, birds fly in different directions Ooh, I hope to see you again"
~~~

Third Person's Pov:
In the temple of light the ninja had already inserted their swords into the four pillars.

They watched in awe as a golden mech rose up from the floor in its glory. "Cool!" Jay awed at the sight of the worn down suit.

"It is the fighting suit the first spinjitzu master used when he battled the Overlord" Misako explained to them.

"The first spinjitzu master had a mech so long ago?" Nya mused as she examined the craftsmanship.

Cole smiled widely climbing onto the machine "You mean the first spinjitzu master once sat here?" He sat in the seat laughing "Haha! Get out of here! How do you make this thing work?"

Dr Julien sighed "Sadly I think time has done her inn, she's only a relic now."

"If it worked for the First Spinjitzu Master, perhaps it will work for the next?" Sensei Wu replied marveling at his father's old suit.

"It's worth a shot" Lloyd replied slowly climbing into the suit as Cole hopped out. Lloyd fiddled with the controls "Nothing" he replied as it started to glow a golden light. "Whoa!" He exclaimed as it rattled to life from his energy.

"Woohoo!" Cole exclaimed in awe of the sight as the others complimented him
"Looking good!"

"Killer!"

"Amazing!"

"How does the leg feel now?" Sensei Wu asked his nephew, who lifted up the tech's leg with ease "Stronger."

"Well, I know how he's getting to Ninjago, but what about us?" Misako asked before hearing a roar in the distance.

"I know that sound..." Jay muttered "It's our dragon!"

"I believe we just found his way off this rock" Wu smiled as everyone headed outside to greet the dragon. Cole had a running start before jumping and landing on Rocky's snout, hugging the beast. The others piled on the dragons happy to see the creature.

"Wait, we can't just leave (Y/n) in the jungle" Zane said not forgetting her for a moment.

"We need to get going. There's no time to waste" Misako interjected as she climbed on top of the Ultra dragon.

Zane shook his head defiantly "We left her chained up near the beach. We're not leaving her behind. She wouldn't do that to us."

"Even if she's corrupted, she's a part of this team and we need to find a way to save her"

"We'll be quick about it. Five minutes at most" Nya added in as she wanted to make it up for what happened to the girl because of her own helplessness.

Misako glanced at Wu as he looked at how adamant his students were. "Let's make this quick" Wu agreed as everyone hopped on the dragon.

Moments later the dragon landed on the beach. Cole hopped off the dragon dashing into the forest looking for the girl. When he found her she was still entangled in the chains covered in ice. her gaze was blank as she hummed the song she sang earlier with a more melancholy tone.

"It's okay (Y/n), I got you..." Cole soothed the girl as he picked her up. The earth ninja carried her on his shoulder like a sack of potatoes as he ran back to the dragon where the others waited for him.