Kiji x Guard!Reader || There Will Be No Pushing

This is based on this picture, which I found on Pinterest and thought fit Kiji in an AA+++ way: 

~~~

In the breakroom, instead of scolding -err, nagging,- the other guards to stop smoking, eating popsicles, and bringing in pets to work, Kiji sits quietly, frowning and looking at nowhere in particular, near the floor. Just thinking. 

Very, very hard. 

Kenshirou notices this when he walks in immediately, as the serious, frustrated aura hits him right in the face. Confused, he knits his eyebrows together and approaches his colleague. "Kiji? Are you alrigh-" 

He doesn't even get to finish his sentence completely before he's struck by Kiji's aura strengthening ten times for interrupting his thoughts and Kenshirou takes the hint and backs off to where Hajime is smoking and Samon is doing paperwork. He decides to enquire with them, because maybe they know as they were here before him. 

"Are either of you aware of what's troubling our colleague?" 

Hajime just shrugs, trying to relax on his smoke break. "Hell if I know. Also, why should I give a damn? He's a grown man and can take care of himself." Kenshirou doenst even dignify the gorillas response with answer, just rolls his eyes and turns to Samon. 

"I don't know. He's been like that since we got here." Then the monkey is back to sucking on his icy treat, and idlily writing a report. Because of the two responses, Kenshirou gathers that neither of them care, and just decides to sit down on the couch across from Hajime and enjoy his break, seeing as he's going to get nowhere in his query. 

Just as the dog is about to open a book and start reading to relax, Kiji rolls his feather clad shoulders back and carefully pushes back his hair with a gloved hand. With a heavy voice, heavy eyebrows and even heavier heart, Kiji explains shortly in the best way possible. "Relationship troubles, Inu." 

"Oh," Kenshirou looks up from the books pages, wondering whether he should put it down all together. Sometimes Kiji can over do things and go on and on... but others he just doesn't like to be impolite and leave Kenshirou's concerns up in the air. "Anything I can help with?" I thought Kiji and Y/N were doing well, he thinks, wondering what could possibly be the issue. Especially one so bothersome to have Supervisor Mitsuba so pent up and giving off an aura such as he is. 

For a moment, the pheasant just thinks. Then he decides that he's not getting anywhere with his own thoughts and it really is an important issue, so he turns fully to face Kenshirou, who puts down his book. "When we finally got together, after all the hoopla about not knowing whether she liked me or not and finding out she was thinking the same thoughts about me- remember?" Kenshirou nods, remembering the pain of trying to make Kiji realise that Y/N obviously liked him. "Things were wonderful. But, I've noticed that for the last couple weeks, she has been becoming... distant. And I have no clue why."