Rock x Inmate!Reader || The Right Guy

There is an upsetting lack of Rock here, seeing as he is literally the most perfect man in the world. So, here we go!

~~~

"No!" You exclaim, getting out of your chair in the visitors room and wanting nothing more then to just leave. But his eyes hold you still like they always did, even if now you only feel hurt when you think about him, much more when you're with him and he looks at you like he actually gives a damn.

"No?" He asks, disbelieving that you just denied him something. He always, always, always had you under his thumb. But now...

Now you're in prison, because you couldn't say no to him. And you've decided that's enough.

Maybe too late, but you decided.

"No!!" You say again, taking a step back. "No, Trent, I cant keep doing this! I'm not gonna-I wont talk to someone here for you? How many laws is that breaking? 9 hundred?!" You're deftly aware that your voice is loud, and anyone on the outside of the visiting room could hear you. Anger breaks through heartbreak and you clench your fists. "Do you even care that I'm in here?!"

Trent looks like all the muscles in his body are tensed right then, before he lets it all go with just a deep breath. And then he's fine, and just looks at you like you're a child that wont understand a vaguely sad truth. "... Y/N." He starts firmly, and you can feel your heart get stepped on one last time as he looks up at you like its nothing. When he should be grovelling at your feet for forgiveness for what he's done. How he's used you. "You've always known you would care more in this relationship. I made that clear." With that, Trent lets out an airy, 'can you believe this??' kind of laugh and sits back in his visitors chair. "You're the only one who won't understand that!"

For a moment you have no words for this bastard. How can you possibly convey to him how horrible that is? How much of an ass he is? 

The answer is you cant, and he'll never figure that out until someone really hurts him. But that wont ever be you, because he doesn't care. Tears clutter in your eyes though, against your will so you can barely see. You attempt to wipe them away, but its a fruitless attempt because it takes what feels like half a second for them to clutter back. 

Without a word, you storm from the visiting room and slam the door shut as loud as you can, because actions speak louder then words. Hah! You wish you had understood that when falling for Trent. Because you can barely see you, run into someone trying to get back to your cell, Seitarou fumbling behind you and worrying about why you're in tears. 

You gasp, surprised at the impact and that someone is here, and look up. You see Rock there, and step back. "I'm sorry! I have to go... " 

"Hey, hey, wait!" Rock turns around as you dodge around him, and walks after you. He doesn't grab you or tug you back, he goes after you. Waits for you to stop. "Y/N, stop! I heard what happened in there. Do you want me to go back and kick his ass?"

Seeing no escape from this, you stop and wipe your nose with your sleeve, seeing as you don't have a tissue. "Rock, no... he isn't worth it." 

Rock growls and scowls, thinking about what he had heard. "Damn right. He isn't worth a morsel of dirt on the bottom of your shoe." 

Seitarou stands back, letting Rock talk to you instead of barraging him questions as to why he's out of his cell. This seems like an exception to the rules. He heard what happened in there too.

"I guess... " You trail off, not really believing it. You can start hating them... but those habits you picked up knowing him? Those stay until you can forget, or make yourself stop. Like thinking you're right when you stand up for him because you feel like you have to because he's your boyfriend, or smiling when you think of a memory of him, or referring to him in nicknames... 

God, break ups suck. Especially when the guy was an ass and you think you shouldn't feel this bad about losing him, but you do. Rock comes forward then, and offers his arms. Appreciating his kindness, you push forward and cry into him instead of alone. He strokes your head with the flat of his big hand as you do, comforting. "Do you wanna talk about it?" 

Not yet. "No, th-thank you... " 

"Okay. Come on then, lets go see if Shiro will let us have some ice-cream." Rock puts one arm comfortingly around you so he isn't away from you entirely and you're still warm, but starts walking beside you. He flashes you a grin he knows you wont return, but gives willingly anyway, making you feel lucky to have him as a friend. This is extraordinarily lovely, to you, after being with Trent who never did anything for anyone, not even you. "He likes you, so he'll probably drop us a cake, too! Your favourites (Favourite flavour cake), right?" 

"Y-yeah... " You hiccup, wiping your eyes with the sleeve you didn't snot on. Tired, from being manipulated for 3 fucking years, you drop your head to the side, on Rocks shoulder (A/N: Arm, if you're short like me. Or head if you're tall ^^). "Rock, you don't need to do this... I'll be fine." 

"I know you will!" Rock sounds encouraging, and like sincerely believes it. It makes your heart swell with happy butterflies. "But this'll help. Always put a smile on Uno's face!" 

You smile at Rock. He really is sweet, despite how he looks. And he's not dumb at all, like some other inmates like to say. He's perceptive, and very caring. You always admired him for that. And... secretly, under the covers of night, you thought about how it would be like if he was your boyfriend. Not Trent. 

You figure now it would be much, much better. 

But... as Rock sits you down in the empty mess hall and rushes to the kitchen, not wanting to leave you alone for you. You think that can wait. You have plenty of time with him, after all. Thanks to Trent getting you stuck in prison.

When he comes back, he has two plates with (Favourite flavour cake) and ice cream and two forks. He sets one in front of you and sits beside you. "This'll make you feel way better. There's a reason we eat buckets of ice cream and sweets after a break up. It reminds us there are better things then whoever hurt us." Rock grins, and munches on a bite of cake, and you listen and sniffle, chewing some cake yourself. It was very good. He swallows and talks again. "Plus, cake is forever. People come and go... but cake always stays." 

A giggle escapes you at that. That is true. Cake is always here for you all. 

A few more minutes pass of companionable atmosphere, before you stick your fork in your cake and look up at Rock, a gentle, healing smile on your lips. You feel calm. A little wobbly and like you could possibly fall apart again any moment, but focused. Your mind is finally clear. And you're seeing everything properly... especially the boy in front of you. "Thank you, Rock. Thank you a lot." 

"No problem, Y/N." He beams back at you, with maybe a little-a lot, but you're oblivious to his feelings for you,- more then friendship in that gaze.