Inori x Inmate!Reader || I Can Hope

This includes some heavy spoilers from the manga about Inori and his character. 

Because of that, I couldn't put the proper title on here incase people just flicking through the chapter index saw a spoiler that they were avoiding! 

The real title, is: I Knew You Were A Good Guy

Also, bear with me. I don't know which arm got cut off, so I'm just going to say the right. 

~~~

"No," I gasp quietly, looking wide eyes at the scene from the floor, muscles tired and heart weak. I'm stuck between worrying about Upa and Liang, being scared for Samon, wondering where the hell Qi is, being terrified of the escaped inmates, wanting to slap fish boy and feeling heartbroken over what Inori's saying. 

He must have heard me, because after he's done explaining to an equally shocked Samon that he's on Enki's side, and always has been, he glances over at me. On sheer, unfortunate accident, he catches my eye and for a moment we're stuck. Mine plead for an explanation and for a second it feels like I'm going to get one. It feels like he wants to say something to me, explain. For a split second, it feels like he's his normal self again. Lazy and perverted but not a bad guy... 

But then he dares to look away from me again and turns his back on me. 

Its not long after that that I pass out under the weight of the glowing red talismans on me, feeling like snakes designed specially to suck up my energy and strength. Everything goes slowly darker, until its black. And then I'm gone to the world, which is an improvement to thinking about how... how Inori, who I loved, could do this to me. 

When Liang wakes me up later, and we're in an underground cell. The gogyousan, is what I think they called it. I'm not really listening, though. I'm going over in my head what happened with Samon and Enki, and Inori and the fish boy. I'm searching for a hint as to what the hell is going on. I have questions. How are we supposed to get out of this mess if we don't understand what's going on??

Enki had said to Samon that if he got in the way, he would die. Enki and Samon are brothers. I think this must be pretty important if he's willing to- what? Kill, Samon if he gets in the way? He didnt say that. And that seems like a pretty important factor. How would Samon die? 

And my mind keeps going back to the fact that I was the only one with talismans. Upa and Liang were able to remove them when I was asleep, but that's not what's bothering me at this point. Inori used force on Liang and Upa, but not me. Force on a 15 year old boy who has the power of qigong, who probably should have been used a talisman against, but talismans on me. Why?

Of course, it occurs to me that he chose to do that because I'm... somehow, special. Like he really does love me, and didn't want to hurt me, but... Oh, who am I kidding. I'm holding out on that. Its my life line, right now. Because if he really did this to me? I... I don't know what I'll do. 

It's wishful thinking, I know. But its what I have. I can hope. 

___ Time Skip___

For the second time today, this man is making me feel things I wished I never would have to feel. But even so, I'm running. I'm running, like an idiot, to him. 

"Inori!" I fall to my knees beside him, as soon as Samon's gone, to Enki. Bigger fish, I suppose. Eyes wide, I feel horror and heartache mix in this horrible, terrified way as I look, helplessly at Inori's right side. Luckily, the feeling is stronger then the disgust so I do not vomit in the river of blood by his side. "Wh-What happened?!" 

"I was... " 

"You being stupid." I say firmly, although I don't know how stern or serious it came out with my eyes so wide and the horror clear on my face. "We need to... " I look around, thinking. I could use my pants to staunch the blood flow. Oh god, I'm panicking. He'll die! "We need to do something. Hajime! Hajime, I need y-" 

"Just... " I look up, and hold onto his next words like a harness. I'm confused to see him grinning, as he breaths so his chest rises and falls at a faster then usual rate. "Just... chill. It'll be fine." 

"Fine?!" I exclaim. "Chill!? How can I chill when you're missing an arm, you could be dying right now, Inori!" 

He twists, clearly painfully which makes me frown and whine at his expression and groan, and the horrible way he starts bleeding more, how it squishes his wound. He moves to he can hold on my hand with the one he still has. His hand is cold, even through the glove. His eyes slowly slide up to meet mine, and he does that exhausted grin again. "I was being stupid, like you said. It'll be... okay, though." 

"Inori... " I whine, eyebrows furrowed together, scared to lose him. "I don't want... you cant, die. Okay. Because then- " My eyes fill up with tears surprising me, making me think this should have sooner, and wonder why the hell now. I know I sound hysterical, I do. I just don't care in this moment. "-then I would cry for months, and months and not be able to leave my bed- or- or anything! Inori, I love you, and I need you! So stop acting so flippant, please! Take this seriously, for me!" Because he's definitely not taking this seriously for him

Quickly he nods, appeasing me. "No, no. I am taking it... seriously. Its okay. I promise. I wont... wont leave you. Even if I have to. I... won't." For a moment we don't say anything, I just cry and try to stop it and he moves, which is obviously very difficult and his arm wont stay up for long, to cup my cheek. "So... what'd you... think? 'm I heroic, now?" 

"Oh," I say, looking at him like he's the biggest moron ever. But, again, I think the tears in my eyes and the way I'm holding onto his arm to keep his hand on my face gives away how much I love him, despite that. I sniff, as he looks at me fondly anyway. "Oh, no. You're an absolute ass, for scaring me, and doing this to yourself. But... but I am so glad you're back." I lean forward and press my forehead to his and my words make him chuckle. I whisper, as things start to blow up a few feet beside us. A fight breaking out. I don't even wince, though, because all I care about right now is this big, asshole, boar of a man close to me, bleeding out. 

"I knew you were a good guy.

___Time Skip!___

"Y/N! Come on, I've let you stay here overtime, its time to go back to your goddamn cell!!" Samon starts yelling, reeling into the doctors office and throwing open the curtains to Inori's bed. 

There you are, squished into the bed with him, but perfectly comfortable, as you're both peacefully asleep. Samons face switches into something akin to disgust, like when you find out your parents had sex, and he turns to Dr Otogi. 

"They've been like that all day, cant get her off 'em. He wont let her go. Its all very affectionate and gross." Okina shrugs, unimpressed and uninterested in the whole deal. 

"Well, what am I supposed to do?!" 

"Leave 'em."