Qi x Prostitute!LaterInmate!Reader || A Horrible Ending? Or A New Beginning?

WARNINGS!: This one is set during Qi's(And Upa's and Liangs, but they're not present in the story) time with Hachiman in the underworld. There is mentions of prostitution and someone drinks a person blood. 

Ah, yes, and apparently Nanba is co-ed now. 

Do not be fooled by the angst-less picture. This is full of angst. This is upsetting

~~~

Hachiman was in the trafficking business, I don't know why I'm surprised. He seems to dip his toes in everything. Qi thinks grimly, but not quite as disgustedly or horrified as he probably should be. He's more detached, as he works on disinfecting your wrist, some stitches and wrapping up the wound left there by someone. Its better to be detached to this, because then it doesn't weigh on his stupid conscience. No one needs one of those, in this business. 

He doesn't usually work as a doctor, because he isn't one really, but Hachiman insisted that this girl get treated tonight, and the other doctor that usually works at this time was doing something else. Something to do with organ harvesting. Besides, stitching and wrapping wasn't exactly hard, Qi had dabbled in medical practise before he decided that medicine making was more his thing. 

"Anything else? We can screen you for STI's or infectious diseases? I recommend it, if... what I think happened, did." The pause wasn't meant to sound awkward, and it wasn't for Qi, but as he lets go of your wrist and you feel the gauze, like nasty reminder jewelry, you feel slightly embarrassed and rest the arm on your lap.

"No," You giggle lightly, like a feather. "Vampire-man wasn't interested in that, he was just, ah... I think he just wanted to try h... human blood." You flash a tiny smile. Right now all you really wanted to do is go home, shower and watch TV for the rets of the evening, with your wrist under a blanket or something so you don't think about it. Anger flashes momentarily over Doctor Qi's eyes, but he turns back to his clipboard and looks at your small, thin file for a moment to distract himself. She was bought for her blood? God, that nearly as bad as sex. And definitely not her goddamn job, is it? I wonder how much he paid her, or if she even knew thats what she was walking into earlier this evening... 

"So, uh, is that something you, uh, do a lot? It doesn't say anything in here about that kind of work. It says you work in the trafficking district, I didn't realise that mean you were totally at the disposal-"

"I'm not." You say quickly, feeling disgusted and scared, thinking about it. Apologies reach the mans eyes and you quickly flash him a little smile. "Its okay, I just... this was the first time that happened while on a job like this, and... I'm a little overwhelmed." You shrug. 

"Understandable." He puts down your file and the clipboard and puts his hands in his pockets. For some reason, you don't want to leave just then. He's different from the other's you meet around here, or on the job. Man, woman or... child, they're all the same here. 

Intense. Scary, no matter what they're trying to convey. Anger, of course. And murderous intent, or lecherous intent. But also fear, and hopelessness. Those were equally as horrible and that's the real reason you hate what you're stuck in. You could deal with all the disgusting men in the world, if it meant you environment was less... heated. At least you like to think. It helps you do it. 

But this man, he's calm. But he isn't detached. He understands, while not making a huge deal out of anything. Its clear as day that he cares, and he might want to help, but he doesn't push and so it doesn't hurt to be around him. You had forgotten what felt like to be calm around someone. 

"Yeah... " You swing your legs awkwardly, as you sat on the operating table. That's all they had here, no other sitting place higher for working on apart from the desk, and that's covered in papers and a laptop and pot plants. You see lavender, rosemary, and countless other unidentifiable plants strewn all through the office. "So... you must be the herbalist Hachiman talks about. I mean, not to me, but to others. When I'm around. To associates."