Samon x Guard!Reader || I Really Want To Hit Him Now

First day back at school and one chick has already tried to bitch about me to my friend. Ahhh, Highschool. Its okay though, I never trusted her anyway.

~~~

"You, you... " Confused, slowly letting the information sink in, I put a hand on my hip and avoid his eyes to think. He cheated on me??? How? Why? With who? I could never have imagined Hajime to... "Y-you slept with her?" The stutter is barely a pause, but I feel it. Oh, damn... and the day was going so well.

"Y/N, I'm sorry. But you needed to know, I had to tell you."

A flinch racks my frame, at that. What does he mean 'But you needed to know'? Of course I needed to know. Does he think that's why I'm upset?? "I'm not mad at you for telling me. I'm mad at you for doing it, why the hell are you apologising for telling me??"

I watch with scrutiny, while Hajime thinks carefully, frantically about his next words, but I don't let them past his lips, waiving a hand violently dismissive in front of him. I snap. "No! No, I know. It was easier, right? Then to own up to your mistake? You make it seem like you're being a man, and telling me and saying you're sorry, but you're too scared to even admit you're wrong. Get fucked." Oh right, he did that. Fucking damnit, we're at work... He has the worst timing ever, on top of being an asshole. I thought I had better taste in men. I thought I could see this coming, and that's what's frustrating... I guess I was wrong.

I run a hand back through my hair, and turn away without another word to leave the Building 13 guard room. "Hey! Y/N, wait-"

Another, violent, hand dismissal, and I hiss at him. I don't want to talk to him, I don't want to see him, I don't even want to be aware of his existence, I'm so mad. God fucking damnit!! "I'm done. If you're smart, you'll stay the hell away."

I hear his footsteps stop, and I know this is relaly the end. I mean, of course I know because I just ended it, but its still sad. The end of something is always sad.

But I'm just so fucking mad.

My walk and ride to Building 5 is tense, and violent. I try to get out all my frustrations in the swing of my walk but that just makes me feel idiotic, and more mad. On the monorail I nearly rip off a mans arm when he just tried to ask me if I was okay- apparently I was staring daggers at the floor. Which I'm not exactly surprised about, it definitely felt like I could make a considerable hole in the trains floor.

When i finally got there, I didn't even care to clock back in after my break. Samon can bite my ass, I'm pissed, and I need to train all this out. I don't want to feel this way.

Half an hour later, and my knuckles are definitely on the verge of bleeding which, of course I don't care about, Samon comes out with inmates 2 and 58 for training, and I'm sure is surprised to see me. "L/N? What are you doing out here, I thought you were supervising cell 16's painting?!"

"Inori's on it." I land a punch hard enough on one of the dummies I dragged out here that it literally flies across the yard and hits a wall, dust puffing out around it. Samon's eyes widen, and he loosens the shirt around his neck in a sign of slight fear, and worry. I shrug, readying on the next dummy that's going to get kicked in its big, dumb, disgusting head. "I mean, at least he should be. Nearly ripped the screws out of his fake arm making him."

"Okay... so what are you doing?"

"Training, what the hell doe sit look like?"

"Y/N!" Samon's shock horror is written entirely in his voice, clearly. Which isn't surprising, as I never swear. I pride myself on it. I'm perfectly able to communicate without disgusting slurs, but right now I could give rats ass about sounding like a Disney Princess. "Whats's going on? Are you okay?"

"No." I sniff, kicking the dummy so hard with the flat top of my foot that it curls around my leg and then flies to another wall. The inmates watch, a little scared. Well, good. They should be scared of me, maybe they won't try to leave here. Samon comes dangerously close to me, only a few feet- exactly in the splash zone. He raises his hands, and when I finally look up at his face and focus on it, he looks concerned. Genuinely.

He drops his hands a tiny bit and tilts his head. "... what happened, Y/N?" It calms me down a bit, makes me a little less pissed, because if he cares then not everything must be messed up, right? I drop my fists, and a prickly feeling starts to erupt in my nose, and heat turns up around my eyes, a lump swells in my throat. I suddenly feel weak.

"... Hajime cheated." Samons pupils shrink, and he grits his teeth looking at me, fists clenching tight.

"He WHAT?!"

"I, I'm sorry sir... " Suddenly, I feel so stupid. I shouldn't tell him this, I shouldn't be affected by a stupid guy, I shouldn't be making a moron of myself in front of my superior or my inmates. No, no, no. Stupid, stupid, stupid! I sniff, tears filling up in my eyes. "I'll clean all this up, I'm so sorry. I'll go back to supervise Cell 16-"

"No! No, no, no. Don't worry about that. 2! 58! Clean this up, we'll need to reschedule our fights." Samon gently takes my arm in his, as an uncontainable frown rips my mouth. I try to wipe the tears away, but they just keep coming. I'm a mess. He starts to lead me away, as 58 and 2 start right away doing what he said.

"Yes, sir."

"Of course, sir."

Samon takes me to a bench seat to the side, and sits by me. I sob racks my body, and I cover my face. Why would Hajime do this to me?? I was clearly not enough, if he had to go get love from someone else. How could it not have been enough? It was so much, for me. How can he not have felt it, too. Not after years...

God, Fucking, damnit!

"Samon, I'm fine. I'm so sorry, I'll get right back to work, I'm so sorry," What I'm saying is made redundant, coming out of my sniffling, slobbering, snotty face. God, I look like such a... such a... such a weakling. I don't belong in Building 5.

"Y/N, calm down about that, its fine." His voice is so soft its calming, even with the crackly, rough edges to it. Because there's no other choice, I wipe my nose on my sleeve, and Samon brings me against his shoulder, where I press my forehead to hide. "How did you find out?"

"He, he told me... I just feel so mad, Samon. Mad at him, mad at me for not seeing it... A-and hurt." Nothing should hurt this much... No one told me it would hurt this much. I thought the exaggerated.

He rubs my arm, up and down, up and down. Methodically, and becomes my life line, somehow. "I know... I really want to hit him, now."

"You always want to hit him."

He chuckles, and nods. "Especially now though. How dare he hurt my favourite guard?"

Oh, he's very sweet. This is all too kind. How could anyone call him a traitor??? Or a classless monkey?? I don't get it. I fix myself so his chin rests on my head, desperate for his comfort now. We've already past unprofessional, so who cares. I also swing an arm around his waist. I don't see the face he makes for a moment when I do, akin to nervousness and joy. And then embarrassment, and focus. "Thank you."

"We're not done. Stay here. Cry, talk, whatever. I'm not going anywhere."