Uno x NonInmate!Reader || Don't Have To Be A Bunch A Drama

Inspired by: Lovin' You Is Fun by Easton Corbin 

Now, obviously, this either before Uno gets sent to jail, or in between. 

~~~

"How are you and Uno going?" Your sister asks, as soon as you and her settle down after talking super excitedly about the Paris trip she just went on. You grin, possibly even bigger then when you were talking about the Paris trip, when you think about how to answer her question. It has been really great, so far. He's nothing like the other guys you've dated, and you're having a lot of fun with him. "I suspect that you're still with him, after you all but told me his entire life story over the phone a couple weeks ago?" 

Holding the phone more flatly to your ear and getting more comfy in your seat, pulling your knees to your chest, you think about how to answer her. Too excited, and you might jinx everything, too dull and she'll start to worry. "Ummm... its been... " 

She laughs. "Its been??" 

"A lotta fun, so far... " You laugh too, nervous. Quickly, you ask her about her guy though, to make it even. You're even more nervous, the bad kind, to hear her deep sigh on the other end of the phone. You set your jaw. "What's he done?

"Well... its more like what he hasn't done, you know? He doesn't get jealous or anything, when other guys talk to me on our dates. I know I shouldn't feel weird about that, but I feel like he isn't interested enough. What's love without a little drama?" 

"Oh... " You think about Uno. He doesn't really do that either... But you haven't been concerned about it, seeing as he himself hasn't shown any interest in other girls, and you haven't felt like messing around with any other guys, either. You thought that was a good thing? "Isn't it less complicated that way, though? Maybe he doesn't want you to be uncomfortable." 

"Maybe I'm uncomfortable with these other guys hitting on me." 

Well, that's a good point. 

 "Is it possible he thinks you can handle yourself? I mean, we are capable of that... " 

A deep, unhappy sigh, coming from her stills your beating heart for a moment. For a moment she's just silent, and you can imagine her biting her thumb nail and looking down at her knees. Then she rushes into a speech slash rant about it all, and you're just thinking... 

Are you doing dating right? Are you wrong about this? Should Uno be acting more... possessive? It sounds a bit fanfiction-y, but... you just don't know... 

In fact, you think so much on this that you're still worrying about it when Uno comes to pick you up the next night. The knock on your door brings dread to your heart for the first time since meeting him and the thought of pretending your not home, crosses your mind. 

"Oh, don't be stupid Y/N," You mutter, and push off rom the kitchen table, put your phone away in your back pocket and go open the door. As soon as his happy face comes into view and makes you smile back, he's enveloped you in a hug and pressed a quick kiss to your cheek. "Hey, Uno!" You step back from the door so he can come in.  

"Heya Y/N," He walks in, hooking his thumbs in through the belt loops in his jeans and looking around your house, or the walkway, like its the most interesting thing he's ever seen. He gives special attention to the photos on the wall, stopping and hunching slightly to peer at them, before sniggering and turning to you. "Y/N! Is that a Banana in Pyjama's costume??" 

"Ah!" You exclaim in surprise and embarrassment and walk over to him. Then you chill out, and roll your eyes. "Oh please, I'm sure there's embarrassing photos of you somewhere, and I was fricken adorable that Halloween." 

"Yeah, that's true." He doesn't outline which thing is true, so you decide to believe he meant the second part. You smirk back and allow him to wrap an arm around your waist and pull you closer. "Still pretty adorable though." 

"You too," You lean up and peck his cheek bone quickly. "So, what's on the agenda tonight?" 

"What, are you losing faith in my surprises this early in the relationship Y/N??" 

"Nooo, I just don't know how many more you can pull off before you have to redo some!" 

He gasps dramatically, and holds his heart like you wounded him, making you laugh as easily as he breaths. "Well, I'm going to have to prove you wrong! Come on sweetheart, its time to hear the music. And you know what that music is saying?? Its saying Uno is the king of surprise dates! Lets ride!" 

"Ride? As in, car?" 

"No, bus actually, but it will be a steed for the night." Uno and you laugh, and lets go of you just to step back, bow low and offer his hand to you. "M'lady?" 

You take it, and he promptly gets up and drags you out of your house. You barely have time to lock the door!! And even that was a struggle... you had to give him a kiss on the lips, to make for lost time. 

___Time Skip___

"Sooo?" Sitting beside you on the bus, on your way home Uno croons to you, waiting for a compliment that you're teasingly withholding from him. "That was a good surprise, ay?" 

You stretch an arm 'tiredly' and hold the back of the seat in front of you, and then look over with an 'eh' expression on your face. The big grin that precedes it though, gives away your lie before it even leaves your mouth. "It was... okay..." 

His response is a poke to your tummy, making you laugh. Then the two of you settle down a bit, and enjoy the bus ride. After a while, Uno speaks up again. It makes you feel cold deep inside your heart. "So, what's wrong with ya?" What does he mean??

"Hm?" You ask, eyebrows knit together in confusion. 

"You don't have a lotta tells, but you were later then usual to the door today and that's all I needed. Are you okay?" He looks back at you with a little concern on his face. You look away from his eyes, because they very well probably could ready your mind as far as you know and you chew the inside of your cheek. After a moment of thought, over whether you should spill, your trust in him wins out and you collapse back into your bus seat. 

"I'm okay, its just... something my sister said on the phone last night. I stupidly wigged out about it." And that's true, it was stupid. Why the hell did you let your sisters expectations about a relationship adjust your own and affect your feelings about your guy. How things are, are perfect. You wouldn't want it any other way. 

Uno's face hardens. "What did she say?" 

"Nothing crazy!" You're quick to defend her. "She was just talking about a problem she has in her relationship, and it made me think about how ours has the same thing, and... its not an issue, for us, you know? So I thought maybe I was being too loose. And then she said something like 'a relationship needs drama', and then things got wild in my mind." Scared to see the look on his face now, you squint and slowly peer around at him. His face is still hard, but he's linking his fingers through yours so you take that as a sign saying he isn't mad. Just serious. 

"Well, you know that's not true, right?" 

You look at him and he looks at your linked hands. "Yeah, I figured as much by now. She just kinda freaked me out for a hot minute, you know?" 

Then he looks up and catches your eyes, surprising you. "I'm having a really good time with you, and I think you feel the same. So don't worry about any of that," A grin makes its way onto his face and he takes off his hat just to put it on you. "Drama will come, I'm damn sure of that. But we got plenty of time to get to it." 

Fixing the hats placement on your head, you grin back up at him. 

"Now, there's a lady who's been eyeing your seat for a while now, how about we let her have it?" You turn to see, but before you can find her, a surprised yelp escapes you as Uno picks you up and puts you in his lap. 

"I do not think this is legal!!!" 

"The driver cant see us!!" 

"That is so not the point!" You laugh, unable to help it, just before he leans up and presses his mouth to yours which pleasantly shuts you up.