Kenshirou x Guard!Reader || Flowers

"Ex-" Kenshirou clears his throat, trying almost painfully hard to control himself. Stop the blushing, speak clearly, hold out the bouquet. Don't make an idiot out of yourself. He repeats in his head. "Excuse me, Miss Y/N. I-I... I know we haven't communicated much since you started work here, but I'd like to rectify that if... if... you'd like to, too. Uh... God damnit, you're not working with me!" Kenshirou's grip on the bouquet of roses tightens and he looks up frustrated, properly to the person in front of him who he has come to be quite fond of, despite the obvious differences. 

"Oh snap. Man, and here I was really feeling it. Was I not feminine enough for you?" Musashi responds, all one hundred and ninety centre metres of grown man, deadpanned as hell with his arms crossed, completely unamused on the outside at having to play 'Y/N' in this pre-asking out rehearsal, Kenshirou thinks he needs. The building 4 supervisor goes even redder then before, and retreats out of Musashi's cell and to a wall. 

"That's it I can't do it-" 

Musashi jumps up to his feet, where he had been cross legged on the floor, and rushes to the bars between him and Kenshirou. He points through the bars angrily. "Don't you dare throw those flowers out, they were a good touch!!" 

"I cant do it, she's not going to like me!!" 

"She will, she will, just stop being dramatic, man!" Musashi wonders how he got to this point in life, a prisoner trying to aid his pathetically acting, usually tough as nails jailer grow some balls and ask out the girl he likes. Honestly, he feels a little pathetic. He used to burn down prisons. 

And now here he is. 

Making him all the more determined to help Inu-chan get that girl

 Kenshirou stands by the bin, still holding the roses, and thinks deeply. This is really embarrassing... especially in front of 634, his inmate, but... he really likes Y/N! 

Such beautiful, perfect (Colour) hair, and (Colour) eyes that he could stare in forever, if only they were dating so it wouldn't be reason for her get a restraining order against him... and, oh, when she talks. He just wants to sit and listen to her. She could say anything at all that's on her mind, and he'd listen, riveted. The way she talks, without making him roll his eyes or feel more mature, or get bored, seemingly effortlessly even though most other people he's ever met in his life have done those things to him... She's just so easily, crisply perfect tied into the loveliest package and he doesn't understand how someone could be so wonderful, but there she is. Every day, in the guard room. 

Making him feel like an idiot, because he cant speak 3 words to her that are heartfelt, and not work related. 

Thinking about her like that makes him feel better. He rolls his shoulders back and turns away from the bin, picking up the roses to sit facing the ceiling again, the stems in his fist. Thinking about her was the perfect encouragement. He needs to do it now! 

"... Inu? You good?" 634 calls, ripping Kenshirou out of his thoughts. He nods, assertively. 

"Yes, and I will go do it right now. Thank you for your help, 634!" 

"You go, get your woman, ya freaky weird little canine man." 

___Time Skip___

Kenshirou comes rearing into the main building guard room like a whirlwind, as he is a man on a mission. "Hello! Sugeroku, have you seen Y/-" 

Hajime yawns, pointing to the far end of the room, not even looking up from his paper work. "Over there, dog." 

"Thank you." Dropping some petals with the force of his movements, Kenshirou quickly moves ahead to Y/N, who's having a conversation with Kiji. Drat, he thinks. Maybe I shouldn't interrupt them... He slows down a bit, on his way, but continues to walk. By the time he remembers to stop, its too late and he's too close to her to look back now. "Excuse me Kiji, Y/N." 

"Oh, hello Kenshirou," Kiji greets him first, as Y/N turns around to face him and flashes him a smile. His heart does a whoop whoop, at it. 

"Hel-Hello." Kenshirou needs to clench the front of his uniform, to calm down from that whoop whoop. 

"Hey, 'Shirou!" Y/N exclaims sweetly, which absolutely does not help but Kenshirou decides he should probably get a hold of himself and let go of his uniform, if he wants to this with any level of dignity. "What's up? Hard day? You look tired, do you want some tea?" 

"U-Um, no thank you. But I did want to talk about something with you, if you don't mind?" 

She looks thoughtful for a moment, then shrugs and smiles. "Okay, should we go over here? Kiji, I'll only be a moment." 

"Of course, of course! But don't bother, I'm heading back to my building, now. Can't leave Ahato in charge for long, some of the inmates exhaust him and drain the creative genius from him. Its tragic. See you around, Inu!" 

"Yes, goodbye Kiji." Kenshirou calms down, as he half wonders what Ahato looks like 'Drained of creative genius', as Kiji waives and leaves the room. 

After a moment, and Kenshirou's heartbeat is starting to race again because now their are expectations. Oh, shoot. How is he going to do this? He rehearsed 15 different strategies with 639!

Y/N steps forward toward him, a bit close. A few inches separate them. "What's up, Kenshirou?" THUMP, THUMP, THUMP, is all Kenshirou hears apart from her words, coming from his own chest. The thump's, not her words. She reaches forward and, looking concerned, she feels his forehead. Oh, damn he must be blushing. "Are you okay?" THUMPTHUMPTHUMPTHUMP-

"Y-yes, I'm in perfect health, thank you. I've been meaning to talk to you... uh... because... I think its been... well since you got here, I've... " Finally, a gentle growl escapes him, he closes his eyes in frustration and then he holds out the roses, separating them unfortunately by way of pretty flowers and a surprised, but happy, expression on Y/N's face as she takes the roses. "I think its unfortunate that we haven't gotten to know each other much since you've been employed here, apart from work things. I was wondering, if... you would like to... enjoy a date, with me? If you would like, um-" 

"Finally," Surprisingly, this word rips from between Y/N's lips as she looks thoroughly relieved and her shoulders relax. Then, as quickly as it had come out, she panics and looks up at him again with wide eyes. "Oh- sorry! Ignore that, that wasn't supposed to come out out loud!!" 

Does... does that mean that she was waiting for this??? All of sudden, my nervousness leaves me and I relax, a peaceful smile resting on my lips as I look at her. If she wants me to forget I heard that, okay. Because I'm a gentleman. "If that's what you wish, Miss." 

"Y-yes." Her face is still as pink as a cherry blossom, but its cute. She collects herself enough to be in control of her words and her expressions though, and a smile graces her lips, as she leans forward toward me, and once again my heart starts to beat so loud I can barely hear anything else, and she presses a gentle, tingly kiss on my cheek. Then pulls back and smiles at me brighter. "I'd love to join you for a date!" 

"I-I... " And there goes my new found confidence, say bye-bye as it flies away... I smile happily at her though and feel much like a dog wagging his tail excitedly. "I'm so glad."