Uno x Inmate!Reader || You're Gorgeous

Alternatively Titled: Uno feels insecure because of the pretty boys and reader, a resident of Building 3 itself, assures him that there is no contest here. Especially from her point of view. 

~~~

You're half listening to Qi and Rock talk, half paying attention to Uno across the room sitting alone sorting through a deck of playing cards. Since he arrived in the game room today, his game room, he's bene like that. And everyone else is going on with their lives. While you're stuck in a bewildered rut, wondering why no one else is worried.

You've known Uno for a year now and he has never, ever been the one to sit off to the side, be quiet and keep to himself. He's a extrovert! He's a gambler. Why isn't he playing?? Gosh, he looks so sad...

Heart aching a bit at the sight, you don't realise your routine -every 5 minutes,- glance over at him has turned into staring and you're totally ignoring Qi and Rock. And they've noticed. Immediately, heart beating wildly you look back at them a plaster an apologetic smile to your lips, as Uno's cell mate takes his hand back from apparently waiving it in front of your face and the older male of the group raises his arms above his head and connects them behind his grey hair, in a drowsy stretch. "Sorry!! Uh, I was just- Um, uhh," Empty of a polite excuse -Kiji would be so disappointed, he likes his inmates to be polite, proper and pretty. Or at least to know how to be. Hopefully no one here will tell him, though,- , you just stand there dumbly for a second, lips pressed together gently. You open your mouth again as if you have something, and close it again because you don't, causing a smirk to escape Rock, half a chuckle escaping him as well at you. Sighing, you drop your shoulders and then shrug, pointing towards Uno quickly. "Sorry, I was wondering; do you know if Uno's okay? I was just... worried."

"I don't actually know what's up with him. He was okay 'till we got here, but I guess something musta' gotten to him when we did. Strange, though. He usually loves it in here."

"Yeah... " You agree. "He usually does... "

"Hey Y/N, why don't you go talk to him." Qi suggests, and you're not quite sure weather he's saying it in a cheeky way or a serious way. Really, sometimes his morally grey-ness can be frustratingly hard to read. Actually, all the Building 5 inmates are curious- except for Mr Tsundere, the little one. Anyone with eyes could see that he's not really so grumpy- and he really likes Nico's company. Its cute. Qi shrugs now, and drops his arms to his sides again, sounding like he would kill for a nap right then. "He likes you, doesn't he? Talking to you might cheer him up, and that'd make you happy too, right? Just seems like the efficient way to go about things... " He looks around, shoulders down before he mutters quietly, looking away from your eyes again especially since you've turned your focus on Uno again. "Plus, he's got a huge thing for you, so... "

"Yeah, that's true!" Rock laughs, and you turn to look up at him curiously, not having heard Qi's quieter comment that Rock was agreeing too. Quickly, Rock sobers down again and clears his throat. "Ah, yeah. I was agreeing, man. It would cheer Uno up, you guys are friends right? Qi, man, lets go play Mahjong, come on."

"Actually, I wanted to take a nap. Upa had me up all night last night for punishment... -"

"Nope! Mahjong! Now!"

"Yeesh."

As Rock drags the chemist off towards the Mahjong table, at which stand Nico, Liang and Upa already, you think you will go over to Uno. Worse case scenario, he doesn't want to talk. And you really want to see him happy again. Its just never good to see such a happy person so down. That's it! 

The room isn't that big, with all the gaming equipment inside now, so you make it to Uno pretty quickly, feeling tiny pricks of anxiety but trying to ignore them as you stand by him awkwardly, then force yourself to sit beside him and open your mouth to greet him. "... Hey, Uno. Are you okay?"