Ruka x NonGuard!Reader || Enki

Spoilers from Manga in here! I guess, spoilers for anime too, if you haven't watched the second season, but seeing as you're interested in Ruka I'm guessing you have ^^ 

Well... this is a little... not my style... I don't know, my fingers go ahead of me, and now here this is. I'll try to make a more rom-com or fluffy one for Ruka in the future!! 

Reader has Ki sensing powers just like Noriko, but she was brought up in a healthier way with her parents helping her to control it instead of locking her up. 

~~~

Comfortably, Ruka nods off with his head in your lap and your fingers stroking through his hair, and running gently over his face. Its a nice way to sleep, as you know, but you never knew until this point that it was nice to be on the giving end of it too. He just seems to relaxed in this moment. You bet he would purr if he were awake anymore. 

That thought makes you grin before you lean down a peck him very gently on the forehead in a quick kiss, before taking your hands completely away from him and thinking... how are you going to get to Enki now?? How do you get away from Ruka without waking him up???

Your head drops as far as it can, so you're chin to chest and you hold in a grown of hopelessness. 

For the love of all that is holy! 

___Time Skip___

Finally, you detach yourself from your wonderful boyfriend, and take a deep, silent breath. You nearly had 3 heart attacks, doing that! At one point, you nearly dropped his head and woke him up! Albeit, it would have dropped onto a pillow, but he still would have awoken! And you can't do what you set out to get done today, if he's awake. 

After another moment of just... steeling yourself, for what's to come. Running through what you need to say, how you'll say it, how Enki could possibly react... Once done, you grab your bag and leave yours and Ruka's house, taking your journey to where you knew Enki would be. 

Which is work. That Enki is always at work. And during the very rare times where he isn't at work, he's thinking about work. Training up some more- as if he could get any more intimidating. I mean honestly, he's 9 feet of pure, unstoppable machine at this point. The only way he could get stronger is if he sawed off his own limbs and replaced them with hyper useful, hyper impenetrable machine and became a cyborg. 

At the thought, your face becomes even grimmer then before, as you finally walk through Building 5's entrance after a half an hour train ride and 15 minute walk. That would be just like Enki, to do that. And then Ruka would follow him, which makes your stomach churn and your legs move faster. That's who you're here for. Your motive. Your reason. 

Ruka. 

You need to keep him safe, if you can. From Enki, and himself. 

And yourself, possibly. 

Walking down Building 5's hallways at night have never been high on your lists of things to do, but you push through anyway. Very fast, though, so as not to stay here longer then necessary. 

After some more creepy minutes of walking, you finally turn a corner and see the unmistakable form of Enki Gokuu. As soon as you see him, lovely memories form in your head of him. Because of course, you and Enki are friends. You love the guy! But he's going to get Ruka hurt, and... you could never forgive yourself if you knew that this whole time and never did anything to make Enki aware of that. Or, at least aware of the hold he has over your boyfriend. 

As you walk forward, slower now, more steady, Enki turns around to meet your gaze. As soon as he does that, you feel fear spark at all your nerves. But, also strength. Because you're sure of what you're doing.