Honey and Trois x Inmate!Reader || Nightmares

YOU NEED TO KNOW: So this taps into a headcanon- that Trois is secretly working with Elf. Now you can go on and read! ^^ Hope you like it!  

Also! This is not a love triangle, this is polyamory. 

~~~

TROIS's POV

My heart nearly rejects the urge to keep beating when the footsteps stop loudly -it feels like the last step was so loud the walls shook, but probably just to me,- outside the door to this cell. "Honey get back." I plead, but make an effort to sound stern. He looks confused- which, of course, he hates and makes a scowling face as he steps back a little bit, fists at his sides itching to fight. To be stupid. 

The sound of Kiji's keys, the ones with the 3 tubes of lipsticks attached making it an unmistakeable sound for us at this point, becomes prominent against the door and then the lock turns, and in steps a large man in an ugly guards uniform. Its nothing like what any of the guards that actually work here would wear, it looks like they've made effort to strip away any form of individuality about it. Whoever designed it doesnt want us remembering him, or any of the other gaurds that I'm sure are wearing the same thing. 

"Inmate number zero three zero three," The man spells out my number carefully as to not mess up and say the wrong thing. Its a tempting idea, to push him out and close the door again, to keep Honey safe but even now in my hightened state of panic I can see the errors of that plan. 

"Who are you?" A sneer creeps across Honey's face, every word a new fear for me. He'll get himself hurt, I know it. He has never known when to shut up. "You're not a guard, I've never seen you before." 

"Be quiet, invalid."

Breath ctahces in my throat when I try to breath in and I turn to Honey, he's sure to take that badly. "Honey, please just-" 

"Who do you think you are, how dare you." For some reason that last 'how dare you' sounds like its aimed at me. In fact it keeps playing out. Reverbrating against the walls of my mind, hitting one side of my skull and then the other like the 'disc' screen on old DVD players. Its hurts and thats all I can hear, even when the man pulls out a gun and Honey's mouth stops moving and instead he falls over, and all I do is stand there in pain, watching with eyes uselessly wide and horrified. 

He crumples to the ground and then everything goes silent, as Y/N's beaten body appears crumple din the corner like a coat, the cell looking much more worn, and bloody now, like a proper torture chamber, and then I look back at the guard, who is now pulling off a gas mask that wasnt there before, revealing straw yellow hair and insnae eyes that say 'You agreed to this, you helped, so you should be happy,' . 

Over the speaker that Elf's obnoxious voice creeps through every building in Nanba. "Nanba Prison, you are now under new manegment, prepare for the worst! Oh- and Inmate 03 of cell 6, building 3, you can go now. You've fullfille dyour promises beautifully, thank you! It was nice working with you, Trois.

I wake up to obnoxious laughter pinging in my brain even more painfully then the words from before. 

"Trois- wake up!" My eyes snap open, making the world around me blurry but lighter. The scene is the same as my dream- cell 6, in the middle of the night. Except its not a torture chamber like it was, and Y/N's and Honey's faces above me looking concerned and confused are most definitely alive. 

My chest still feels like its going to rip open though, and I cant seem to catch my breath. Deciding after a moment, after not quite hearing any words that came out of their mouths that I need to get up, and move from here, I break out of the confines of my bed and leave them for a corner where I sit down and bring my knees up to my chest. Briefly I note Kiji's form in the doorway to our cell-that must be how Y/N got here, was I talking in my sleep?- and Y/N and Honey switching looks between themselves and me, before my forehead presses to my knees and my fingers twist into my hair and I can no longer see anything. 

I understand why they're worried, my feathers aren't the easiest the ruffle. But I cant tell them about my nightmare, they can't know. I didn't expect to meet either of them here, I didn't think I'd make these kinds of roots- oh god what have I done... 

Breathing is becoming harder, and harder. 

"Trois, come on, look up." Y/N and Honey take the floor at my sides, giving me space but being there all the same. Y/N sounds really worried, and I would love to assure that I'm okay and make that pleading tone go away, but I just can't right now. I can just barely make myself look up at her. Puppy dog eyes accompany the pleading and any other day I would cheer up immediately, but not now. Not after what I've done to them. What I'm doing. "Nightmare?" She whispers, like she thinks the word will make it worse.

It does, a little, and for a moment I'm reminded of the image of her bruised and torn and empty in the corner of the room. "I'd take that as a yes." Honey pipes up firmly from my other side, sounding-and looking,- like he's mad at my subconscious for making me like this. He's irrational, but he's cute. 

"Do you want to talk about it?" Y/N's wide, concerned eyes nearly break me and I almost spill it all, but I quickly bite my tongue, and look forward and shake my head, hair still tightly wrapped around my fingers, right down to the scalp. Its going to ruin my hair for tomorrow, and Kiji is going to be mad, but I think he'll make an acception. Luckily, the girls aren't coming until next week, plenty of time for things to get better. 

I know Honey and Y/N are silently communicating about what to do over my head, but I don't bother this time to let them know I know, because once again the forefront of my brain is taken over by images from my dream. If they don't kill Honey right off the bat for getting out of line like that, they'll experiment on him. Turn him into some grotesque Dr Jeckyl and Mr Hyde replica. 

And who knows what they'll do with Y/N. 

All of a sudden they close in on both sides, Y/N curling into my left with her arm linked through mine, and Honey collapsed against the wall with me. "I guess we'll have to stay here with you, then." He sighs, as Kiji looks thoughtful for a moment still in the doorway before fetching my blanket and throwing it over us 3, and leaving. 

"I'll be outside all night, so no funny business. Number 3, try to get some sleep." Kiji's tired voice exclaims, a tiny bit softer then usual. Before retuning to normal again. "And for goodness sake, let go of your hair, you'll reek havoc on your scalp." 

The cell door slides shut and the lock clicks into place, and I slowly unclench my hands, Honey's hand immediately replacing them on my head. Stroking much gentler claw marks through my hair, it kind of makes me sleepy. But I definitely won't be sleeping tonight. 

As minutes turn into hours that night, Y/N curls in more warmly against me, her head on my shoulder and arm not once leaving the crook of mine, Honey stays up much longer then her to continue his ministrations on my head, but eventually droops his head onto the side of mine. 

I eventually close my eyes, but sleep is not something I'm willing to delve into tonight. Instead I try to concentrate on their armth, right now, instead of the dead bodies I'm so afraid will eventually become of them and think about all the ways things could play out. 

Elf could come, and immediately kill them. Or he could kill me. Or he could keep them, and turn them into monsters like Jyugo and Musashi, or worse then them... Frankenstein hybrids. I'm sure, in another universe where I didn't include myself in the scar man's work just to survive myself -because that's what a disgusting person I am,- , the thought of Y/N's eyes and Honey's purple hair together would have been a nice thought. 

But of course because of me, it's a gruesome and entirely realistic possibility. 

All I can do is hold onto them tightly now and wait for the whole world to detonate.