Honey x NonInmate!Reader || Come And Get Me

Ha! Finally! I have finished a oneshot! Sorry, I've been really into Hetalia lately but am too lazy to make another oneshot book(I don't know if I'm ready for another commitment like that..), so this book's been receiving slack. Hope this makes up for it! 

~~~

"Hey, sweetie, this is my friend Lola, from work. And her son Honey. Say hi, Y/N," You mother, with her hand on your back edging your nervous, young form forward to the taller little boy standing by his mothers side. You hate meeting new people, you would much rather be in your backyard right now, making mud pies. Or playing cross word puzzles that you don't really get yet, or colouring, or playing with cards on the computer. 

Not standing here having your mum tell you to say hi to this boy that you would really rather not talk to. He has the deepest 'Angry eyes' you've ever seen in your life. 

"H... hi... " Obeying your mother, though, you nod and sway nervously, avoiding eye contact at all costs. You do like your dress, though. Its yellow, and has a good, wide twirl effect, like all worthwhile dresses have. 

"Hi... " Honey speaks up, louder then you but clearly not thrilled to be there either. Your mother giggles at the two of you, avoiding eye contact and you have no idea why. This is wholly uncomfortable and you don't want to be here!

"Why don't the two of you go play. We'll be in here, talking about adult stuff." 

You make a face at that, and look around. Where can you go? Even playing with this sullen purple haired boy sounded better then standing here being bored to tears by you mother and 'Lola' talking about... mortgage, or whatever. And not the fun, Monopoly kind. 

Its his house, so you look up at him and point, vaguely towards where you saw a door looking out to a backyard. He nods, and goes off before you, causing you to trail behind awkwardly, looking back at your mother just for her to unhelpfully waive you on, still giggling with her friend. Oh, boy. She must like this friend. That means you'll be here a while. 

They better feed me. 

Once you're outside, and you've carefully shut the sliding door closed again, you look around at the wonderland around you, and grin. Its big! Big, with cut green grass and the biggest, branchiest backyard tree you've ever seen, making your mood climb high finally for the day. You're so glad you wore your sneakers and not the flats your mother said would look good with your dress! 

Deciding you might need Honey's permission to climb such a wonderful tree, with branches twirling and sticking out at all angles all the way up the trunk, so you could climb, and climb, and climb... all the way up to the sky, you turn to him and point, again, towards it. With a big smile, all polite and meeting his eyes for the first time- for the sake of the tree, you ask. "Do you wanna climb?" 

"... sure." Your smile grows at his hesitant answer, starting to like him more. If he wants to climb a tree, you can be friends after all! You thought he was going to be no fun! This is a nice surprise. 

"Yay! I bet I can go higher then you! I'm an expert tree climber." 

At that, he makes an expression. Not a nice expression, more a scowl or a sneer, but it just makes you feel more competitive. You'll beat him. For sure! "Yeah right, in a dress? Goodluck!" He says it in such a way that you're sure he doesn't truly mean 'good luck', but you don't care. 

"If I climb higher then you in my dress, that just make's me even better then you." You put your fists to your hips. 

"That won't happen." Eyes narrowing, Honey turns to face the tree, so he can have a head start when he starts running. You do the same, not at all about to get beaten like that. "Ready? Set-"