Liang x NonInmate!Reader || Back

I love that expression! Haha. Theres just so much 'Well, if you're so cocky why don't you try?'. I love it. I love you, Liang. :D XD

~~~

You opened the door after the 4th knock, thinking it was your pizza. 

Immediately though, you put your purse back down on the hallway table and open the door wider, eyes round. "Liang?" You haven't seen him for forever, but you'd recognise him anywhere, anytime

"Y-yes." He looks up, looking confused like he didn't know his own name for a second, but just where he expected to be at the same time. Its a strange look on him, but then again, anything would be a strange look on him. You haven't seen him in a decade!

Inspecting him in absolute seriousness, because what other reason would this boy have to track you down if he wasn't in trouble. Sure, you were very close when you were young -in fact, you were bets friends since birth. Most people attached themselves to a toy when they're little, you and Liang attached to each other.- , but sadly you haven't seen or heard from him since he joined the temple. The last you heard of him, he was in prison for gang activity. 

"Are you okay?" You ask, completely taken by worry. You want him to come inside, drink some tea, wrap up instead of standing on the front step looking lost in his sole. But you also don't want to spook him and cause him to go away. "What happened?" 

"I, uh... " Nervously, he finally meets your eyes. "I got out of prison." 

"Oh... congratulations?" Is he here because he's happy, and wants to reunite? That's not what his body language is giving off, but... who knows? You haven't seen the boy since he was 9! Before he can respond, you step to the side and gesture for him to come in, if he likes. To your horror, he takes a step back causing you to fight yourself on the urge to grab him before he disappears. Its like you're seeing a rare creature for the first time and you're terrified its going to run away. 

"No, no... not yet." Liang shakes his head, and takes another step back. Down a step off your porch. then he turns and sits down on the step, and you join him shortly. The door stays open. "And, um... thank you. I didn-didnt know... where else to go." He manages a smile for a second, then looks at the ground in front of him. "I just got out of prison, and... I have nowhere to go." 

"You're welcome here." Comes out of your mouth naturally, and it should surprise you that its so true, but it doesn't. He was your best friend! And not best friends like other people describe. You were basically the same person. Always together, always sharing, always joking. All of your best and worst and middle type moments happened with him. Well... during that time. It broke your heart when he joined the temple, but you both agreed to it. You also agreed that you would always come back to each other if you wanted to, or needed to, or both. You've never let go of that, much less him himself! How the hell could you? Why would you? If it has the capability of making you happy again, in another time, you should hold onto it. Thats what you think. 

"Thank you." Immediately Liang seems to relax at that, which makes you relax. He's back. A wash of fondness takes you over as it does, and it feels really good. "I just... first of all, I missed you so much. Second of all, there's so much to tell you." 

"I cant wait to hear!" 

"And me you!" 

___Time Skip!___

Its been months since Liang turned up, and everything is so good. He got a job so you can manage the rent and other finances equally, since he's living with you still -and probably for a good long while after now. Or maybe hopefully?- , you plan the meals for the week before grocery shopping together, you cook dinner together, you eat breakfast together, you even go the cinema together every two weeks.