*- 12 - All to yourself

I woke up the next day with a good feeling. Things might not have turned out the way I wanted them too, but I felt for the first time like I could overcome it. It was just a stupid crush, what was the big deal?

"So, Y/N, I heard you're going to the Yule Ball with George?" Katie asked once the guys had left to go look for a tux.

"Yeah", I said.

"You turn down Cedric Diggory, on who you have a crush, for George?" Alicia followed. I sighed.

"I don't have a crush on Cedric, I just told you guys that to get you off my back", I said and poked out my tongue. 

"Rude", Alicia said, but she didn't seem to actually mind.

"So you're into George then?" Angelina asked and I grunted.

"I'm not into anyone! We're just going as friends because we both don't have dates. Please stop going on about who I'm into!" I said annoyed and it finally seemed to get through.

"I'm sorry", Katie said. "You're definitely lesbian then", she whispered and quickly ran away, knowing that I would hex her if I got a hold of her. I couldn't help but smile as I rolled my eyes. They were so annoying, yet such good friends.

I looked for some dresses and tried multiple on, being thoroughly judged by the girls. The last one - as cliche as it sounds - was the best one though. I kind of felt like a princess in it.

It was a FAV/COLOUR A-line dress that reached to my ankles. It was structured at the top and flowy from my middle. It had a straight neckline and thin straps. It was absolutely gorgeous.

"Damn Y/N, you look amazing!" Alicia exclaimed. She was wearing a burgundy dress. Angelina had chosen a purple velour dress and Katie had a black one.

We checked out and went looking for shoes.

GEORGE'S POV

I had to tell him and I had to tell him now. I had already told the girls, so it would just be a matter of time before he'd find out. He would understand when I explained everything to him. I wanted what was best for her and I was sure that he would think so too. When we paid for our suits, I pulled him aside.

"What's up, Georgie?" he asked as we left the shop.

"I just need to tell you something, let's go", I said and pulled him towards a more remote area. I knew he would get angry at me. He really, really liked Y/N and the past couple of days had not been good on his self-esteem. As a kid, he often beat himself up whenever he failed at something, resulting in panic or anger attacks. It had gotten far better over the years as we set up our little business, but I could see the anxiety return in the past few days. He hated himself for jumping to conclusions and bottling it all up.

"You're worrying me", Fred said laughing and I forced a smile. He was definitely not going to smile after I told him the truth. 

"I'm going to the Yule Ball with Y/N", I said quickly, ripping off the band-aid.

"What?" he asked confused and the message clearly wasn't sinking in yet.

"I didn't want her to miss the Yule Ball because she didn't have a date", I said unsure. I could see the wheels turning in his head, piecing it all together.

"You asked Y/N?" he said and looked up, clearly hurt. I nodded.

"And she said yes?" he asked and I nodded again. He started breathing uneasily and fidgeting. I sighed. That was something he always did before he got angry.

"Why? That's not cool, George. You know I was planning to make it up to her at the Yule Ball", he said and looked me in the eyes. He looked conflicted.