*- 22 - How was that for a first kiss?

FRED'S POV

All my life it had been me and my brother against the world and honestly, I thought it would always be like that. And maybe it will be, since he was still the most important person in my life, but I knew now that there would definitely be a spot in my life for this wonderful girl in front of me.

I had wanted to kiss her since the day I met her and I almost did, almost. Things would have been so much easier if I had done that, that day in the hallway, but I didn't. I had always regretted not doing that, until now. Because even though it would have been easier, it definitely wouldn't have been as absolutely perfect as it was now. I was able to give her that perfect first kiss that she deserved and that gave me the best feeling in the world. There were months of longing, relief, love and care in this one kiss, at least for me.

I was so lucky. For all I knew, she could have dated Cedric, or Michael, or any other guy she'd give her attention to, but she didn't. She had waited for me, Fred Weasley.

I don't think I've ever felt as whole as I did with her lips on mine. As we pulled away, her eyes sparkled like they never had before and it felt great. I did that. I made her eyes twinkle. I had made her happy and that was all I could ever wish for.

"How was that for a first kiss?" I whispered. I knew that, in the back of her mind, she was thinking of Michael. He robbed her of that special moment and I had wanted to make up for it ever since. But now, I felt like I didn't have to. What Michael did wasn't a kiss. It was nowhere near a kiss. What we just had, that was one, a real one. So for me, that was the only one that counted.

"Mediocre", she said with an evil, yet playful glint in her eyes. I chuckled. Her bright red cheeks told me all I needed to know. She was the one for me.

YOUR POV

I woke up with the best feeling. I felt like I could conquer the world. If this was cloud nine, I understood what all the hype was about.

I did wonder what this meant for us. I mean, even though it meant a lot to me, we just kissed. We weren't officially dating and I didn't really know how to act. I guess I had to wait and see.

FRED'S POV

"Finally, mate. I'm happy for you", George said as I had briefly told him about last night.

"She's good for you", he added, making me smile. She really was.

"Well, we'll see where it goes", I said and changed into my robes. Nothing was official, yet. I really wanted to ask her to be my girlfriend last night, but I didn't know if I should. I mean, we had just had our first kiss, I didn't want to move too quickly. I wouldn't mind calling her my girlfriend already, but I wanted her to be completely ready too, and I wasn't 100% sure just yet. Maybe when we'd go on that Butterbeer date she proposed, I could make it official. That wasn't for another month, so plenty of time.

All I knew for sure was that I definitely wanted to kiss her again.

I made my way downstairs, where everyone was waiting already. We usually were the last ones to arrive.

"Morning", George greeted everyone.

"Morning Homeschooled", I said when I passed her and winked at her. I did that every morning, yet today I felt more nervous than ever. Why?

"So, the second task of the Triwizard Tournament is next week. Is Cedric prepared?" Angelina asked and just hearing his name made me cringe. I never liked Cedric. He was too ... perfect. But ever since he became friends with Y/N, I had just wanted to punch that smug look off his face. I knew that Y/N just saw him as her friend, but that didn't mean I had to like it.