*- 29 - It is a very special day

I looked into the mirror one last time and took a deep breath. I was wearing black tights, a dark red high-waisted skirt with a black turtleneck sweater tucked into it. I tied the laces of my shoes and threw on my coat. It was just Fred and he had seen me a million times. A different outfit and three hours of stress wouldn't make him see me differently. Yet even though I knew that was the case, I still couldn't help it.

He really had kept his word at making it up to me. He had told me every morning that I looked really pretty and helped me with everything I struggled with, even if I didn't ask. He even quit pranking for an entire week. I didn't want him to stop doing that and I knew he never would, but he was trying to show me that he could keep his promise and I appreciated that. He even want an entire week without asking me to copy my homework, which was a real accomplishment. I'm showing you that I can be a responsible person, he had said. 

"Are you ready to go?" Angelina asked and I nodded. We were all going together, yet Fred had told me he'd steal me away from the moment we arrived at the little village.

We walked downstairs where the guys were waiting.

"Come on, let's go already!" Lee said annoyed and walked towards the door.

"Damn, is it just me or did it get remarkably hotter in here?" Fred said and winked.

"You're such a loser, Weasel", I said blushing and nudged him. He was wearing dark jeans with a blue button-up with the sleeves rolled up and a coat in his hand. He looked good in his uniform, but like this, damn.

We walked towards the carriages and made sure to not make the same mistake as last time. We split the group into two so nobody would sit alone in a carriage. Angelina, Alicia, Katie and I took one carriage, whilst the twins and Lee took another. Fred pouted at the decision, but I liked making him sweat a little, even though I had already forgiven him.

I rubbed my hands together since it was still pretty chilly out. Spring had started to show itself, but the temperatures weren't very spring-worthy yet. I noticed how Angelina's eyes were staring at the boys' carriage and I wondered what was up with that. I had recently noticed that she was getting closer to George and I made a mental note to ask Fred about it later. She hadn't met up with the Hufflepuff boy since Valentine's Day, so I wouldn't be surprised.

When our carriage came to a halt, Fred was already waiting with and extended hand to help us off.

"Why thank you, kind sir", I said dramatically and took his hand.

"I've got to take good care of my lady", he said and smirked, doing the same for Angelina, Alicia and Katie, earning mostly eye rolls. 

"I'm kidnapping you, is that okay?" Fred whispered, holding out his arm for me to take.

"I don't think you ask permission to kidnap someone, but I guess", I laughed, hooking my arm through his. We left the others behind, but no one seemed to mind.

"So, where do you want to go to, M'lady?" he asked as we strolled down the cobble streets of Hogsmeade.

"Doesn't matter, as long as we pass Honeydukes", I said with a bright smile. It didn't matter how old I got, I'd always get excited over sweets. "And it was a Butterbeer date, wasn't it? So I guess we have to go to the Three Broomsticks too."

"That's still on?" Fred asked.

"Yeah, if you want to", I shrugged.

"Of course I do. I thought I still had to earn that back, though", he grinned. If you had asked me a week ago if I wanted to go on a date with Fred, I would have said absolutely not, but he had definitely redeemed himself.