*- 35 - That's a lot of Canary Creams

"Miss Y/L/N, can I see you in my office?" I heard and turned around. Professor Dumbledore was standing in front of me, making me have trouble finding the right words.

"Sure", I said and with that, he left.

"I'll see you later", Fred said, gave me a quick kiss and left. What could Dumbledore want from me?

I quickly followed the headmaster. I had just caught up with him when we reached the staircase to his office. That man sure walked fast.

Dumbledore mumbled a password and the Gargoyle guarding the entrance moved, revealing the staircase. I walked behind him in silence. I had been in his office before, at the beginning of the year, but it still took my breath away. It was absolutely marvelous.

"Take a seat, Miss Y/L/N", Dumbledore said. I took a deep breath and did what he asked me. I tried to focus, but I had trouble focusing these past days. His face would always pop up in my mind and distract me.

"I'm a bit of a hoarder when it comes to special items", he said as he noticed me staring at a weird-looking ball on his desk. I hadn't really been looking at it, but concentrating on one point helped me keep it together.

"Is everything okay, headmaster?" I asked. I wanted to know why I was called here, so I could go again as quickly as possible.

"Yes, yes, don't worry", he said. "There has been a slight change of plans that made things a bit more complicated", he said. "You see, due to the recent events, we have called together the Order of the Phoenix. Have you ever heard about them, Ms Y/L/N?"

"No, I haven't", I admitted.

"I can't tell you much, but it is a secret society to oppose the Dark Lord and his followers." He said that so calmly, but chills still ran down my spine. You-Know-Who had been the talk of the castle these past days. Harry had fought him and one of his followers had killed Cedric. Not everyone believed Harry, but I definitely did. The Ministry was trying to cover Cedric's death as an accident, but I knew in my heart that that was a lie. Harry would never lie about such a thing and I would never call Cedric's death an accident.

"Why are you telling me this?" I asked, trying not to tear up. Every time I thought of Cedric, the tears would pop up.

"You are staying with the Weasleys this summer, correct?" he asked and I nodded.

"They are part of the Order and therefore, they will not be staying at the Burrow, but at the headquarters of the Order."

I swallowed. He said "they". Would I be put into an orphanage anyway? I rubbed my hands nervously. This couldn't be happening.

"I want you to go with them", Dumbledore said and relief washed over me.

"But you need to know some things", he followed. "Everything that happens in the Order is not public to anyone who's not in the Order. You and Hermione are an exception. You have to swear to keep that secrecy. Can you do that?"

I nodded.

"You can't share anything you hear and you especially can't tell Harry Potter", Dumbledore said. I frowned. Why would he tell me that? I barely knew Harry.

"Swear it, Miss Y/L/N."

"I swear, I will not say a thing", I said.

"Good. Now, I should have asked this first, but I'm sure you agree that Harry isn't lying and that Voldemort has returned?" The name gave me chills. I nodded again.

"Good, then you can go."

I nodded for the millionth time and stood up. My mind was turning and I was still processing everything that Dumbledore had said.

"And Miss Y/L/N?" Dumbledore called.

"Yes?"

"My condolences. Cedric was very fond of you", he said. I smiled and turned around quickly. I blinked a couple of times to keep the tears from falling.

I was very fond of him too.

I walked back to the common room in a dazed state. So much was going on and my brain was on energy saving mode after the exams. A secret order? And the Weasleys were part of it? I tried to push it all away and only think about my wicked boyfriend waiting for me in the common room. I was excited to see him again, but his level of excitement was on a whole other level.

"Y/N, Y/N! You have to come here, come on!" he shouted at me when I walked into the common room. I raised my brows as he ran over to me.

"Come on! I have some extraordinary news! Come on!" he said, grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards the stairs of the boys' dormitories. His smile was wider than I had ever seen and he had the energy of a five-year-old after eating spoonfuls of sugar and for a moment, I forgot about Cedric.

"I'm coming, relax", I said and followed him up the stairs.

"There's no time to relax! You are not going to believe this!" My curiosity got the upper hand and I got excited too, even though I had no idea what for. We reached the twins' dorm room and entered. George was sitting on his bed with a huge pile of coins in his lap.

"What the ..."

"A thousand bloody Galleons Y/N! Can you believe it?" Fred said and rested his hands on my shoulders. I had never seen him this excited before.

"Where did you get that?" I asked.

"Harry gave it to us! It's the prize money from the Triwizard Tournament. He doesn't want it. He wants us to use it to open our joke shop!"

Fred was basically screaming, but I didn't mind. It was so good to see him so happy.

"A thousand Galleons! We can do so much with that!" he said. The message was slowly sinking in and the smile on my face grew. Fred picked me up and twirled me around.

"Oh my lord! Guys that is amazing!" I said and clapped like a little child.

"That's a lot of Canary Creams", I said and Fred laughed. He had tears in his eyes, but they were definitely happy tears. Opening a joke shop was his big dream and against all expectations, it was finally becoming reality. I pulled him into a hug and squeezed him tightly.

"I'm so happy for you", I said and tears started to blur my vision as well. Happy tears for a change.

"Come on George, get in here!" I said and George joined the hug. They deserved this. They definitely deserved this.

"Store it away before someone steals it", I said and pointed at the money that was still lying on the bed. The twins started to pack it back up as I sat down in a chair. Harry had given them the money? Thinking about it made me think about the tournament. Harry won that money because Cedric died. 

I shook my head. I couldn't think about that. It had only been a week since the horrible incident, but I promised myself to do my best to accept the situation as soon as possible. I didn't want to be sad. I had so much to look forward to and even though Cedric losing his life was so unfair and brutal, I wanted to remember the good things about him. I wanted to smile when thinking about him, not cry. I wanted to see the prize money and feel genuinely happy, not linking it to Cedric's death.

I had so much to think about, but I knew I was strong. Fred had convinced me of that and even though my heart was severely battered at the moment, I knew I could fix it somehow. Maybe I could fall asleep with different thoughts than ones of Cedric Diggory tonight.