*- 15 - Stop lying, love

I was waiting in the common room as all the students started arriving. I was looking for a couple faces in particular. First Alicia came in and I quickly pulled her into a hug.

"I'm so glad you guys are back!" I said and pulled Angelina in too, who had just come in. We gathered on the couch and talked about our holidays. That was until my attention was pulled to a bunch of redheads coming in.

Angelina was first to greet them and I quickly followed her example. I had decided that there would be no awkwardness between Fred and I.

"Hey Homeschooled", he said and hugged me back.

"Hi Weasel", I mumbled and he chuckled.

"I have something to show you later", he said with a wink and went to greet the others.

We spent the rest of the day catching up and eating leftover Christmas cookies.

When we got back from supper, Fred stopped me. "I still need to show you something", he said. "Stay here."

He went up to his dorm room and came back with a scrubby looking box. "Come on", he said and motioned me to follow him. I did and he led me to the Courtyard.

"What's up?" I asked as I hoisted myself up the windowsill.

"We did it! We worked on it all Christmas break and it is finally ready", he said excitedly and held out the box.

"What is it?" I asked and took it. I slowly opened the box and was surprised by a bunch of small flasks. Love perfume it read on the label.

"Is it the diluted Amortentia?" I asked and Fred nodded, a grin plastered on his face.

FRED'S POV

Her eyes were twinkling and she was smiling brightly. By far the best sight of the day. She took a flask out of the box and twirled it around in her hand.

"Come on, try it", I said and she raised an eyebrow.

"It's still a love potion, Fred", she said and I grinned.

"We tested it. It doesn't do much, it just smells like the thing you love", I reassured her, yet she didn't seem convinced.

"I'm just protecting you from falling madly in love with me", she said dramatically. I'm pretty sure that had already happened though.

She shrugged and opened the flask. She smelled it and started blushing furiously. I wondered what she smelled. She put the tiniest amount on her wrist and closed the flask again.

"So, what do you smell?" she asked and extended her arm. I dramatically took her wrist and sniffed it. I didn't smell anything special. I just smelled more of what was already there, her.

"Definitely a whiff of McGonagall", I joked and she started giggling. I wish I could record her laugh. It was adorable.

"What do you smell?" I asked and couldn't help but step a bit closer to her. I could swear that she was blushing.

"Honey, lime and fresh mowed grass", she said and I couldn't tell if she was being honest or not.

"Stop lying, love", I whispered in her ear.

I loved how things were normal again. Yet, I felt like I hadn't completely left what had happened behind me. There were still so many unanswered questions. But things were good now. I didn't want that to be ruined.

"What are you thinking about?" Y/N asked and I looked up. I could see in her eyes that she already knew. There was only one question I really needed an answer to. I knew why she went with George, I knew why she said no to Neville and even Michael. I just had to know one thing come from her mouth.