*- 57 - You did not

I woke up from my alarm on my watch and quickly turned it off as I heard grunts around me.

"Is it morning already?" George mumbled from the bed next to me and Lee stuffed his head under his pillow. I was in a rather good mood, most likely caused by the redhead who still had his arms wrapped around me.

"Good morning", I shouted, which earned me another round of grunts.

"How are you so cheerful?" Fred mumbled and rubbed his face. He looked adorable when sleepy. His hair was all over the place and he could barely keep his eyes open.

"How can I not be. It's the first of April, Weasel", I said and stood up. Fred quickly pulled his duvet back and turned over. I chuckled, took my robes and made my way to my own dormitory. The girls were awake, of course, and it was pretty crowded in the bathroom.

"Look who decided to show up", Angelina said smirking. "Had an eventful night?"

"Oh sod off Johnson. What do you take me for?"

"I wouldn't put it past the two of you." I rolled my eyes, but smiled. Today was going to be a good day.

Just then I remembered a very important detail. In half an hour, my presents for Fred and George would arrive. I couldn't wait and my mood instantly got even better.

I took a quick shower, dried and detangled my hair with some spells, put on my robes and made my bag for class. We had Transfiguration and Defence Against the Dark Arts today, but even that couldn't mess up my mood.

"Ready to go?" Alicia asked and I nodded. We made our way downstairs where the boys were waiting, half asleep on the couch.

"Come on", I said and tried to pull up Fred and George, but to no use.

"My present for you will arrive with the post. You don't want to miss it", I tried.

"Present?" George said and opened one eye. I nodded excitedly. That message did a pretty good job at waking them up, because a couple minutes later, we were sitting in the Great Hall. I helped myself to some toast with bacon as I listened to the latest gossip from Ron. Tomorrow would be the next Dumbledore's army meeting and it would be the last time we'd practice the Patronus charm. I was curious as to what was next.

It seemed as if the minutes were dragging, but after a while, the first owls started to fly through the Great Hall. I tried finding my owl Y/O/N, but hadn't spotted him yet.

Y/O/N was also not how I spotted the presents flying in, but the presents themselves. They were pretty big, as expected, and wrapped in bright red wrapping paper.

"There they come", I said and clapped excitedly. All my friends looked in the direction I was looking in, as the gifts flew through the sky. Molly had sent my owl with one and the barn owl that had been delivering Molly's letters since the beginning of the year. I guess Errol had passed away, which didn't surprise me.

It was only at the last second that I realised the situation. The table was still filled with food and the owl's were just going to drop the gifts in front of Fred and George. To keep everyone from getting showered in porridge and eggs, I got out my wand and casted the Immobulus charm as the owls dropped the packages.

"Happy birthday, twins", I said and waited eagerly to see their expressions. It was pretty apparent as to what I had bought them, judging by the shape of it. And they both looked at me with round eyes.

"You didn't", they said simultaneously. They looked shocked, which I had hoped for.

"Come on, open up!" I said and I didn't need to tell them twice. They tore off the wrapping paper as everyone was watching them closely. They both got out identical, brand-new brooms, both Nimbus 2000's. They had been a bit expensive, but since they launched a couple years ago and Nimbus has come out with new models, it had dropped in price. I had all that money from my mum and I wasn't planning to live off of that for the rest of my life. I was going to make a living for myself with this potions situation, so I could use a little bit of mum's money to buy the twins a good broom.