*- 37 - Frederick Weasel, get your arse out of this room

grief /ɡriːf/

Noun: intense emotional pain, especially caused by someone's death

That's the official definition I found in the dictionary in the library of 12 Grimmauld Place. I snooped around there a lot when the twins were busy with Merlin knows what and I had some free time. I had created my own definition though. One that hit home way more.

Grief is the sorrow you experience when losing someone you care about and can only be healed by people you care about.

I dealt with the loss of my mother on my own. I spent a couple of months with different parts of my family who couldn't take care of me (I didn't even know most of them) and then I went to Hogwarts. Throughout that period, I was just a sixteen-year-old girl who had just lost her mother. I dealt with it on my own, and maybe that's why I had never really processed it. During my time at Hogwarts, I slowly started to accept the loss of my family and that wasn't because of the time that went by. People always claim that loss eases when time passes, but I do not agree. Loss eases when you find new reasons to be happy. I found a different family and that's what healed the grief. 

Cedric's death was no different. It had torn me apart in a way that I hadn't expected, yet as the month of July passed, I was able to settle it in my head. I had come to terms with it and even though thinking about him still made me sad, I wouldn't cry anymore. I would think about his laugh and his smirk and I would smile, because I was glad that I had been able to be a part of his life. And that had nothing to do with time.

As I said, grief can only be healed by people you care about, and there was no better place than the Weasley household. I refer to it as a place, but quite honestly, it's more of a feeling. The Weasleys made me feel like I had a family and like I had been part of that family all along. I absolutely adored them and almost every minute of the day I would spend with one of them.

I went to work with Arthur once, because I wanted to see what the Ministry looked like. I got some weird looks, but it was one of the best days I had ever had. I helped Molly cook very often. She had to tell me at least ten times to call her Molly before I quit calling her Mrs Weasley. I loved to cook, but I never knew until now. I never really cooked before in my life, but Molly told me all her tips and tricks and we had the best time. The rest of the family didn't mind either, because I would bake something at least twice a week. Ginny had become like a sister to me, or a best friend. I talked to her and Hermione about basically everything and every night before we went to bed, we would have a little girl-talk. I wasn't super close with Ron, but we talked often and I liked him. I really wanted him and Hermione to get together, but she told me that that would never ever happen.

And of course there was Fred. He was the best thing ever. Almost every morning, we would eat breakfast together and he'd tell me all about his plans for the day. Most of the times that would include doing something Molly wouldn't like, but the twins didn't care at all. We spent a lot of time together, but I totally didn't mind. I'd often helped them with ideas they were working on. Since they had gotten the money from Harry, they had been working on new ideas non-stop. It was a good thing that the book I got him for his birthday had unlimited pages, because he must have filled over a hundred by now. He carried it everywhere, which made me quite happy.

And of course I couldn't forget about George. Besides Fred, I obviously knew him the best, but at school we hadn't hung out all that often outside of our friend group. It was nice to grow closer to him and I knew that Fred was very grateful that we got along so well.

The three of us (well, mostly the twins) invented new things every day and it was my favourite part of the day, even though choosing between that and cooking with Molly was a very difficult choice.