*- 43 - At least a yard apart at all times

For a second I debated on not hanging out with Roger anymore, but that would mean that I had to hang out with Cho less too, and I didn't want that. I liked the Ravenclaws and it was nice having some friends outside of my own house. Besides, if I'd stop hanging out with Roger now, that would tell Fred that it was okay to forbid me from doing so. When the next guy would come along, the same circle would repeat itself and that was not okay. I was my own person and I could be friends with whoever I wanted to be friends with, including Roger Davies. He was just a friend, barely, and Fred needed to live with that. Our conversation last night went well, though, so maybe I was worrying for no reason.

FRED'S POV

"Well you look chipper. Still fighting with Y/N?" George asked and I shook my head. I hadn't been feeling very well these past days and Y/N was not the reason. If I only knew what the other reason was. I just felt odd and I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

"Come on, she doesn't see anything in that Roger guy. Let him try, he won't succeed", George said, shaking me from my thoughts.

"No, it's fine, really, we're fine", I said, rubbing my face. We really were. I just had to stop being such a moron and push these unnecessary feelings down. "Just tired", I mumbled.

Maybe it was because we had Charms in the afternoon with Ravenclaw. I was just going to have to keep an eye on the bloke. I was just going to stay calm and analyze this guy. I had to know what his intentions were. Maybe pull a little prank on him, see what he's like.

"George, do we have some more of that Ton Tongue Toffee left?" I grinned, rummaging through my back. I frowned as I found mum's letter at the bottom, already crooked. I was curious as to why she was writing me. I opened the letter and looked at the brief note.

Dear Fred

I found a necklace at home, but I'm not sure if it's Ginny's or Y/N's. I thought you would know if it were Y/N's. Can you give it back to the owner?

I hope you guys are having a great time! I already miss all of you so much. I can't wait for the Christmas holidays. Make sure you don't screw it up with Y/N, because I want to see her at Christmas too! Give everyone a hug from me and your father.

Good luck out there!

X mum

I took the envelope and found a little silver necklace inside. It was indeed Y/N's. She took it off when I got her the pendant necklace. I hadn't even paid attention to it in the past few days. I sighed. My mum loved her so much and I could see why. Y/N loved her just as much. She was like the mother she didn't have anymore. I remembered that one time I watched her in the kitchen and smiled. I missed that time. Everything was so much more complicated and it didn't have to be. I had to find her before our next class started.

I stood up and took the necklace with me. She was probably already on her way, since she was often early.

"I'm going ahead, see you at Transfiguration", I said to George and left the common room. I found her walking with Alicia down one of the corridors of the first floor.

"Oi, Homeschooled!" I called for her and she stopped. She turned around and I looked at her necklace. It wasn't very bright, but it lit up as she saw it was me, which made me very happy. Alicia told her something and walked on, Y/N waited for me. I couldn't contain myself, so as soon as she was within my reach, I grabbed her by her waist and kissed her. She seemed surprised, but not soon after she smiled and kissed me back.

"What was that for?" she asked and the pendant was now shining brightly.

"I'm sorry. I just felt like doing that." I got out the silver necklace and handed it to her.