*- 49 - Something completely impetuous

The weeks flew by incredibly fast, even though they weren't that eventful. We met up with Dumbledore's Army at least twice a week, there was a Quidditch game between Gryffindor and Slytherin, which Gryffindor won. The atmosphere wasn't very cheerful though, because largest-troll-on-earth Umbridge banned Harry and the twins from playing Quidditch for the entire year. Draco Malfoy had been taunting Harry and Ron the entire game and Harry and the twins went after him for it, which I thought was fair. Umbridge didn't think so, though and banned them, of course not Malfoy, on the spot. Fred was in a terrible mood for two weeks straight and it took me a lot of hugs and kisses to see him smile during that time. They were going to get back at Umbridge for it and even though that worried me slightly, I was very excited as well. She should really be pushed off a cliff sometime.

It was now one week before Christmas break and tonight, the last DA meeting would take place. I was kind of sad, but also kind of excited, because that meant that Christmas break was right around the corner and since I would go with the Weasleys this year, I was very much looking forward to it. I couldn't wait to see Molly again. She had told me all about the Weasley's Christmas traditions, which mainly consisted of food, so I was super excited. I had bought little gifts for them all and they were eagerly waiting in my bedroom.

I was walking down the hallway in a rather good mood when I noticed that two girls were walking behind me, whispering things. I could only catch little snippets like Oh, I'll tell her and I hope she'll cry. I recognized Aisleys voice, which was never a good sign. Who were they going to torment this time?

I hadn't been bothered by here since that one day before Potions class, which I thought was odd. She seemed so set on breaking up Fred and I that I was sure expecting more trouble. Maybe she realized that it was no use.

Suddenly, I heard the words Look at that pathetic little orphan, which she said just a bit louder than all the other stuff. She probably wanted me to hear it. I rolled my eyes, but I couldn't help but stop and turn around.

"Anything you'd like to say to me, Aisley?" I asked with a fake, sweet smile and she scoffed. She motioned her friend to leave and she obliged.

"I do, actually. I've been waiting to tell you for a long time. About three months to be exact." I looked at her confused, not understanding what she was getting at. I should've just walked away, but I was too curious and too proud to do so.

"You see, have you ever wondered why Fred and I stopped hanging out so suddenly? Or why I stopped trying to make your life miserable?" she asked. I hadn't really, until now. Fred stopped hanging out with her right after I made amends to make things right again, so there was no reason to be suspicious.

"Well, I have had all the ingredients to make your life miserable since the end of September, but at that time, you weren't feeling great anyway, so it seemed less fun to just add to that. I therefore decided to wait until you thought everything was perfectly fine again and you were all happy with your one true love", she said and pretended to gag. Where was she going with this?

"And then the holidays came closer so I thought, what better timing than right before Christmas? That way I can ruin your holiday plans, your Christmas spirit and your naive little heart all at once." she squinted her eyes and looked so satisfied with herself. What was she planning? And what did she have that could ruin those things for me?

Lunch was about to start, so more and more people started walking through the hallways. We were on the bottom floor, so there were quite some students around us, but Aisley didn't seem to care. She twirled a strand of her blonde hair around her finger and had a mean, satisfied look on her face.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw a couple of redheads walking in the distance. As soon as I noticed that it was in fact the twins, I tried to catch their attention.