*- 47 - She deserved so much better, but I couldn't let her go

YOUR POV

I walked into the common room, which was empty. Everyone was still at supper, but I didn't feel like going there right now. My appetite had gone anyway. I would just wait here until Fred returned. We would talk and I would continue to talk until there was nothing left to be said. I promised myself not to be angry and to start by explaining to him what Aisley had said to me last year. I needed him and I didn't care about the things we were fighting about. I just needed my Weasel back.

I cleaned the wound with some fresh water, which calmed the pain a bit. I wet a cloth and wrapped it around my hand. I would never, ever get detention with Umbridge again.

About half an hour later, my group of friends walked in. I scanned the group and saw George, but Fred wasn't with him.

"Where's Fred?" I asked him and he rubbed his neck awkwardly.

"He's planting that prank with Aisley", he mumbled. My face fell. How could I have forgotten about that? I nodded and sat down on the couch, pulling my knees up to my chest. I tried not to get jealous, since I was not in the mood for another fight. I could trust my Fred and when he'd come back, I'd just talk about it with him like an adult.

"Why weren't you at supper?" George asked and sat down beside me.

"I wasn't really hungry."

"Can I see it?" George asked and looked at me with a sad look in his eyes. He knew what Umbridge's detentions contained of. He slowly took my hand and removed the cloth. Anger was glowing in his eyes.

"That monster", he mumbled under his breath and I could almost see the wheels turning in his head.

"She won't get away with this, I assure you of that."

"George, thank you, but you have to let it go. There's nothing you can do about it. One day, we'll do something about it, but not today, okay?" I said and it took him a while, but he agreed in the end.

"I'll look for Fred, okay? Just stay here."

FRED'S POV

I didn't even have to go all the way to the common room to find George. I bumped into him on the way there.

"Oi, I was looking for you", he said and he looked concerned.

"I need to speak to you, right now." He looked confused, but he understood the urgency in my voice. I walked to the Astronomy Tower, where I was sure no one would hear us. Could I go in there? The last time I went there, I kissed Y/N for the first time and now I was going there to talk about how I was kissed by another girl. I couldn't do it, so I just sat down on the staircase. I couldn't keep it in anymore, the sadness, the stress and the anxiety. I rested my head on my knees and started crying.

I hadn't full on cried in years. I was never the emotional type and when I was, I was more likely to get angry. George sat down next to me and wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

"Whatever it is, we can work through it together, Fred. We always have and we always will", he said.

I just sat there for a while until I was able to speak calmly again. The stress had left, so I was left with sadness.

"Aisley kissed me", I said. 

"What?" George said and even though I wasn't looking at him, I knew the look of disbelief and confusion he had on his face right now.

"What are talking about, Fred?"

"We were setting up this prank and then Filch came and to cover up the situation, she kissed me. I froze completely. I should have pushed her away instantly, but I just panicked and stood there." I rubbed my eyes, preventing the new tears from spilling.