*- 48 - Take that, Weasel

It was the fifth of October and we were sitting at the Hog's Head Inn. A lot of things had happened in the past two weeks, mainly Dumbledore's Army. Harry and Hermione had founded it. They had had it with Umbridge's theoretical Defence Against the Dark Arts classes whilst Voldemort was somewhere out there, building his army. We had talked about it all week and today was the day to officially recruit members. Twenty-eight people had showed up. Cho and Mariette had come too, so I waved at them enthusiastically. I still hung out with them, but less. 

Fred had pretty much stopped hanging out with Aisley completely and when I hung out with Roger, it was always together with Cho and Marietta, but never alone. Fred and I were okay again, though. It wasn't like we used to be. We didn't joke as much and Fred seemed less carefree than normal, but at least it was better than fighting all the time.

"Uhm ... Hi", Hermione started. She looked nervous. "So, you all know why we're here. We need a teacher, a proper teacher. One who's had real experience defending themselves against the dark arts."

"Why?" someone asked. I had never seen the kid before, but that wasn't unusual at Hogwarts.

"Why?" Ron reacted aggressively. "Because You-Know-Who is back, you toss-pot."

"So he says", the kids said and looked at Harry. What was he even doing here when he was skeptical of the fact that You-Know-Who was back? Couldn't someone kick him out?

"So Dumbledore says", Hermione responded and crossed her arms.

"So Dumbledore says because he says. The point is: where is the proof?" I had quite enough of this kid.

"The proof is Cedric Diggory's body which lies below the bloody ground", I spat. "If you have any more ridiculous remarks or accusations, please sod off and don't bother to come back."

People were staring at me, but I didn't care. I hated these people who didn't believe Harry. Cedric's death was not a bloody accident.

"Bangin'", Fred and George said in union.

"Maybe ... If Harry could tell us a little bit more about how Cedric died", Michael Corner said, a Ravenclaw from Harry's year. The guy quickly glanced at me, looking scared. I had never talked to him before, but I knew loads about him. Him and Ginny had started dating at the end of the summer, which I could not tell any of her brothers. He was probably here because of her. Even though Ginny told me he was really nice, I wasn't fond of his suggestion. Were they all here to hear about how Cedric died? I did not want to know the details and these people shouldn't know them either. The point was that he was killed by one of Voldemort's followers and that he didn't deserve that. I looked down to hide the hurt in my eyes.

Harry cleared his throat. If he was going to actually explain things, I would walk out of here.

"I'm not going to talk about Cedric, so if that's why you're here, you might as well clear out now", Harry said and I sighed in relief. Fred took my hand and squeezed it, which calmed me down. I looked up at him and smiled.

No one stood up, but no one said anything. Harry whispered something to Hermione. He looked stressed.

"Is it true that you can produce the Patronus Charm?" Luna Lovegood asked. I liked her. I had talked to her once when hanging out with Cho and even though she seemed a little odd at first, I imagined her to be a wonderfully sweet girl.

"Yes", Hermione stated when Harry didn't answer. "I've seen it."

"Blimey Harry, I didn't know you could do that", Dean said and more people looked surprised. I guess this meeting still had some potential.

"And he killed a Basilisk, with a sword in Dumbledore's office", Neville said.

"It's true", Ron continued. "In his third year he fought about a hundred Dementors at once." Harry looked uncomfortable, getting all these compliments. Summing them all up, it was indeed impressive. I had heard most of the stories from Ron or Fred and George, but Harry never liked talking about it.