Chapter Twelve

"So, one time my mother told me a story about when your mother was pregnant with you," Kevin says as we walk out of the movie theater. I manage to keep a normal pace since I'm off the crutches and don't have to wear a boot. I glance his way, confused as to why he is bringing this up.

"What exactly did she tell you?" I ask. My parents made up a story to tell the country instead of telling the truth.

"Well, what everyone knows. That your parents kept the pregnancy secret because they didn't want the country to get over excited. But, I don't fall for it. What is the true story?" he asks. He repeats it like a script as if he had been practicing in front of his mirror for years.

"It isn't. My parents wanted to keep it a secret so you have to promise not to tell anyone," I say. He nods and we go into a tiny parlor off the hallway.

"So what happened?" he asks with raised eyebrows.

"My mother fell during a rebel attack. Everyone who knew about the pregnancy thought she had lost the child. Both of my parents were devastated. They kept it secret because so many other things were going on in the country. It turns out that it wasn't a hysterical pregnancy and here I am," I explain. He nods and stands up.

"Well, that is a very interesting story. I promise I will keep it secret," he says. I notice a mischievous gleam in his eye as I stand up. It is gone within a matter of seconds. We continue on our trip back up to the men's rooms.

We part ways and I walk to Flynn's room without thinking. I knock on the door. When he opens it he hides the other side of the doorway like he has every other time I've been here.

"Um, hey, Celia. What's up?" he asks. I immediately realize I hadn't thought this through and a blank crosses my mind.

"I was wondering if you wanted to try sculpting. I'm terrible at it but we could still try it," I offer. He accepts and we walk down the hall towards the steps that leads us to the art room.
So, I want to go ahead and make her realize that she has feelings for some of the guys. I also want to apologize for the fact that some of your characters aren't being mentioned. I know who I want the top five to be... I don't know about the winner, though. Comments, ideas, and votes please!

QOTD: Who do you think should win Celia's heart?

Disclaimer: Kiera Cass owns The Selection, not me.