Chapter Forty Four

"I shouldn't be in there," I say to Ethan. He peeks around the corner to see who is near the doors to the cigar room. There is just a tired looking guard watching a bug fly back and forth.

"It doesn't matter! If we give you permission to enter you can. Plus, I know you've been in there before," Ethan replies. I shrug.

"Just because I've been in there doesn't mean it was right. We should find something else to do," I say. Ethan shakes his head and grabs my wrist.

"We're doing this," Ethan says. He drags me towards the cigar room. As I try to pull back, his grip on me becomes tighter.

"Ethan, stop!" I say. He shakes his head.

"Just come on," he says. I allow him to pull me the next couple of yards. When we reach the guard, he stands a little straighter but his eyes still look sleep deprived.

"Can I help you?" he asks. I glance behind me to make sure no one is watching.

"Um, we were hoping we could go in and play some video games," Ethan says. The guard moves from Ethan's face to mine.

"I can let you in, sir. She isn't allowed in," he says. I nod and turn.

"Okay, thanks!" I say back. Ethan grabs my hand and turns me back around.

"Come on, Celia," Ethan says. I sigh. "Sir, if it is only the two of us than she is permitted to come in," Ethan challenges.

"Go ahead," the guard replies. We thank him and walk inside. It looks the same as last time. I sit down on the leather sofa and watch as Ethan presses several buttons. He hands me a controller and pulls me up.

"What are we playing?" I ask. A different screen than the dance game comes up.

"We are playing a sports game," he simply says. I nod. He clicks a button on his remote and about two dozen sports come up. He selects table tennis.

After he explains it to me, I stand on the side of the screen where you see my characters back. As balls start coming towards me, I begin to swing the remote. I have a hard time hitting the balls with the careless swings. And I end up falling. Ethan tries to catch me and he ends up falling under me.

Then, he plants his lips on mine. We ignore the sound of the crowd cheering behind us on the video games. His kiss is so different than the others. They all still, despite all the kisses I've had in the last two weeks, cause an aching for Flynn to rush through me. We both move apart when the door opens. I scramble to my feet.

"Um, sorry. Did I interrupt something?" Flynn asks. I shake my head.

"Of course not," I say, exchanging my first words with him in almost two weeks.

"Oh, well, I'll still go find a spot in a library or something," he says. I nod and he walks out. I notice Ethan stirring around in the  corner of my eye. He must have stood up while I was talking to Flynn.

"How does bowling sound?" Ethan asks. I nod, thankful that I have been bowling quite a few times.

"Sounds great," I reply.
Guys, your comments... They are great! I'm really sorry if I don't respond, though. Lately I've been updating everyday but I started to watch Pretty Little Liars and read the books so I'm not sure how much I will get to update! Votes and comments are greatly appreciated!

Disclaimer: If I were Kiera Cass I would own The Selection. But, since I'm not her I don't own it.