Chapter Twenty Five

During the last few seconds of the song, Kevin spins me in circles. He is dressed as a cartoon duck from an old cartoon. When I walk back over to the table where I was sitting, I'm almost immediately attacked by Ethan who is wearing a smurf costume.

"Celia, I want you to come with me for a second," he says. I glance around the party. No one seems interested in starting a conversation with either of us but I'm still not sure I should leave.

"I don't think I should. My parents might need me for something," I say. He shakes his head.

"Celia, you will be fine. Just come with me," he says. I take one more glance around the room before sighing.

"Fine," I state. I follow him out the doors and towards a staircase. We take it up to the second floor. He leads me to a balcony in a part of the palace that no one ever stays in.

"Where did you find this?" I ask. He tenses up for a few seconds before he replies.

"Um, I was just exploring the palace and I happened to find it," he says. I nod. Suddenly I hear a loud explosion and jump back. A bright burst of light erupts in the sky. I walk over to the railing and watch as the bright lights appear and fade away soon after.

"These aren't the palace fireworks," I say. He shakes his head and leans his back against the railing.

"These are some that I read about in a magazine from the cigar room. I figured you wouldn't know about them so I figured I would show them to you," he says.

"They're beautiful," I state. He nods and smiles.

"Just like you," (Cheesy, I know. Just go with it.) he says. I look over at him with shock. His eyes bore into mine. He moves closer to me until his lips are on mine.

The kiss doesn't feel as right as it did with Flynn. It feels more forced. I pull back after a few seconds and we look at each other for a few moments.

"We should, uh, get back to the party," I say.

"Yeah, we should," he agrees.
End of Halloween! A kiss with Ethan! Aaaww!!! So, what do you all think about what I'm doing with the characters? Please comment and vote!

Also, I only got ideas for Flynn's costume which was the pirate costume. I was desperate for the others so I just used my first inspiration which were my disney nails. So, I'm sorry if you thought it was cheesy.

Disclaimer: Kiera Cass is the owner of The Selection. I on the other hand, just own a copy of her books.