Chapter Fifty

"No! No! No!" I squeal as I try to run away from Flynn. He grabs my waist and pulls me towards him. I giggle as he puts his lips on mine. He kisses me for a short amount of time before pulling back.

"You can't keep running away from me, darling," he says. Out of the corner of my eye, I see a guard shift uncomfortably, reminding me that we're in the hallway.

"Well, I think you should try to stop trying to catch me," I say. He smiles and places his forehead on mine. The guard behind him makes eye contact with me but quickly moves away, obviously uncomfortable with the current situation.

"Are you sure it's me you're running away from?" he whisper. I can feel his breath on my face. It's warm but still sends cold chills down my back. Goosebumps rise on my arms.

"What you mean?" I whisper. He laughs. A rush of air gushes out on my face. I lean back to keep myself level headed. Flynn slides his arms around me, though, and keeps me close.

"I know it's you feeling," he whispers in my ear. My breathing hitches. He leans back and lets me go. I run towards the end of the hallway. He stands where he was and doesn't move. I turn away and run towards whatever room can get me farthest away from him.

I rise quickly from my burrow beneath my blankets. I take deep breaths quickly. Trying to block the dream from my head. A tear slips from my eye and I release that my face is moist. I slip out from under the sheets and walk towards the double doors that look out over the garden.

Once I walk outside, I sit down behind the posts that block anyone from falling. I peek through the cracks that can't be much more than two inches and look at the bushes that once had beautiful blooms but are now bare. Their simplicity is something to envy. Something that should be desired when your life is filled with complications. Something that I do desire to have.

A cold gust of wind picks up my hair and hits my face, sticking to the trails of tears. I brush away the red locks of hair and take a deep breath. What did that dream mean? Am I trying to tell myself something?

Am I trying to tell myself that I'm running from my emotions?
Okay, so... I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! I'm going to be wrapping this story up soon. So... yeah. Please comment and vote because I love reading what you all think!

Disclaimer: The Selection belongs to Kiera Cass, not me.