Chapter Twenty Eight

I jump up ignoring the pain throbbing in my right ankle, the one I fell on when fell during the last rebel attack. I run until I loose sight of Miley but they follow. As I begin to loose my breath, I see a figure in the woods.

"Celia! Where are you?" a familiar voice says.

"I'm here!" I yell back. I run towards Ethan's silhouette. He envelopes me in a hug. He raises a hunting gun and aims it at the men.

"Back away," he says. The two men take a couple of slow steps back.

"Look, we weren't gonna hurt her," the one with black hair says. Ethan pushes me behind his back.

"Well, that's great. Now leave her alone before I have to use this thing," Ethan says. The two men run off. I hug Ethan and we walk back to Miley in silence.

"Thank you," I say. He helps me up on Miley. He begins to direct her to the palace.

"It's no problem. But, if anyone asks, I didn't find you. You found your own way back," he says. I look down at him with confusion.

"Why?" I ask.

"Only the guards were supposed to come searching for you. Flynn and I snuck out, though," he says. I stop him and make him turn to face me.

"Well, thank you," I say. I plant a kiss on his cheek and we continue our journey back to the palace.
Aren't you so excited about Ethan finding Celia?!?! I sure am! Tell me what you think! Comments and votes would be greatly appreciated!

Disclaimer: Kiera Cass owns The Selection, not me.