Chapter Thirty

I glance out the window. My parents have already returned to their bedroom. The clock reads midnight. I stand up and begin to approach the staircase. As I do, a slight movement catches my eye.

I move back to the double doors. A figure walks slowly out of the woods. As it gets closer, I recognize the way the figure walks. I open up the door and walk outside, careful that I don't close the door.

"Flynn?" I call. The figure starts to walk a little faster.

"Celia?" He asks. I run out to him. In the dim light, I can see the smile on his face.

"What happened?" I ask. We walk into the palace and walk towards the medical wing.

"Ethan and I decided that we were going to sneak out and find you. We were pretty far out and I thought I heard something. I turned to look. It was just a squirrel. When I turned back around Ethan had left me," he explains.

"Huh," I say. He stops me and stares into my eyes.

"Celia, something is wrong here. Something isn't right with Ethan," he says. I stare at for a few minutes before I say anything.

"Flynn, I think you are just being paranoid," I say. He shakes his head.

"You can say what you what, Celia. But I know there is something strange going on with Ethan. You don't have to believe me but I intend to find out what it is," he says before walking away. I stand in the hallway and watch him leave. This whole thing just got a lot more complicated.
Well, Flynn is back! I think that made you happy, right? And then there is more Ethan drama! Tell me what you think and if you have an ideas!

Disclaimer: Kiera Cass owns the Selection, not me.